The R3V Garage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
    So jealous. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't sit on that couch, I would have fallen asleep.

I don't even have a house yet, but I've been designing the garage for some time now.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
      I don't even have a house yet, but I've been designing the garage for some time now.
      You and me both. I've been planning on building a garage for the past 6 months now, just started, so that when I get out of my current job and go back to what I was doing, actually making money, I will quickly proceed to buy a couple of acres to build a shop. Then I'll build a house after that. :-)
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

James, the garage is looking good. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with some floor paint to help reflect the light to the underside of the car. Might be a weekend project, but well worth it.
        sigpic

Comment

when we bought our house last year the realtor was always joking with listing agents saying she had a client that was looking for a garage with a house attached. We couldn't find a nice house with a garage I liked so I got a house on an acre so I can build my own garage.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
          1989 325iC M50 Vert
          1989 325i Coupe
          1991 318is
          1995 318ti Club Sport
          2006 330i e90
          2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
            James, the garage is looking good. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with some floor paint to help reflect the light to the underside of the car. Might be a weekend project, but well worth it.
            I read this and thought to myself, do any garages have lights built into the floor? I think it is an interesting concept, I would worry about sealing it though from fluids. But you cant completely seal it if you need to replace said bulbs. Would LED lighted floor be long lasting. Just some crazy thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Toms73NovaSS View Post
              Mine is in process, just got most of the shop done this summer. It sits behind my 2 car garage.

Very very good starting point. Now for the rest of the hardware and toys. :)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac View Post
                I read this and thought to myself, do any garages have lights built into the floor? I think it is an interesting concept, I would worry about sealing it though from fluids. But you cant completely seal it if you need to replace said bulbs. Would LED lighted floor be long lasting. Just some crazy thoughts.

You mean like this? I believe they are swimming pool lights. Strong and waterproof.

sigpic

Comment

Envious. Parking lot is my current garage.

Comment

yah, perfect. not a fan of that checker floor though. :p

Comment

Man. Someday soon I'll have a traditional garage. My moms is full of my parts and tools and junk from her house. Mostly junk from her house. Cant even get the car in and its a 2 car garage. :(

Comment

one of many that i occupy
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Mine:

Right now it's full of tires, wheels, parts, tools and arnibjorn's 335

Comment

My haven and my safehouse.
                            Computer with wireless, cable TV, MIG welder, full air tool arsenal. Not shown is my craftsman rolling 12 drawer and metals working toolbench. Also have an old school Marantz powering the bose surround sound.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
                            Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy12 View Post
                              Also have an old school Marantz powering the bose surround sound.
                              Hack, cough...

Marantz = sweet. Bose = Overpriced poo.

Comment

dont ban me for this but, this is whats in my garage right now. got a 23 gallon compressor from harbor frieght and a few tools.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X