Need advice on a race! Money at stake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EDirtyZ View Post
    No video was taken! Well it was but the my phone fell and the screen cracked and won't turn on! BUT!
    RESULTS: I smoked the V6 musstang pulled 6-7 car lengths. All the way to 110MPH won the 100 bucks, after I raced a 1997 Mustang Gt with a 4.7L V8 that was manual and I beat him off the line and all the way to 110MPH. In general I
    Beat them both
    I'm gonna call it on the v8. The driver must have been asleep.

Comment

right. my friend's girlfriend has a 4.6L GT and she leaves me for dead everytime. except the time she forgot to shift to second.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I call BS until video.

Comment

I call on all accounts. And not because i like American cars. I'm not really that big of a Ford fan let alone most newer Mustangs. The GT would of pounded your ass in the ground and the V6 should of been a dead on match.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              I call on all accounts. And not because i like American cars. I'm not really that big of a Ford fan let alone most newer Mustangs. The GT would of pounded your ass in the ground and the V6 should of been a dead on match.
              Exactly, love Mustangs, and even if I didn't, a 4.6 makes 100hp and double the tq of an E30. Woulda been no match.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Beating the GT is highly unlikely...

HOWEVER, from my years going to both 1/4 and 1/8 ( still don't know wtf a 1/3 is) I have beaten cars that were more powerful and generally faster. Too much wheel spin at launch, cocked up 1-2 shift... I had one dude blow his head gasket (still counts)...

OR OP is full of shit, the guy wasn't actually racing, just driving about normally, and OP THOUGHT he was racing lol

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

No video was taken! Well it was but the my phone fell and the screen cracked and won't turn on! BUT!
                    RESULTS: I smoked the V6 musstang pulled 6-7 car lengths. All the way to 110MPH won the 100 bucks, after I raced a 1997 Mustang Gt with a 4.7L V8 that was manual and I beat him off the line and all the way to 110MPH. In general I
                    Beat them both

ahhh i see ............. bet that >>>>4.7l<<<< mustang was just stupid slow huh.

Comment

No I'm shit on him off the line and pulled fully on him. One because he had to
                      Shift at 6500 and I had untill 7500 to shift. 2nd is I
                      Have a rebuilt engine he has 210k miles on the V8 3. I'm lighter. 4. I know how to drive. My car can run a high 13 quarter mile.

Comment

13 second 1/4? Drag slip? or did that fall and catch on fire? Have you banned anyone lately Jason?

WAIT! my bad...I forgot you have a short throw shifter.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I said a high 13 13.94 not EXTREMELY accurate but it's give or
                          Take .5 seconds. It wasn't at a track. But it was 13.94 average out of 7 trials at 97 MPH

Comment

Stock rebuilt e30 will never run a high 15 1/4. It would never run close to that new off the lot in the 80s. Rebuilding it in 2012 or whenever you had it done would never change that. The stock 325i ran a 16.9(17 really) off the lot, you would never come close to a 14 with a m52 bottom end and a race head. Turbo is the only thing that would get you to a "high 13second 1/4" Unless you bore out an go with bigger pistons and TONS UPON TONS of money poured into it. Turbo is the cheapest route to gain that speed. Oh, I rebuilt a b25, all new up and it was still stupid slow. I am sure the m52 stroker I am building for my brother will also be slowish.

My SETA with the B25 race head swap(built it, in thread) would pull you off the line and away every time.

Evo and STi off the lot will run 13s and fuck your e30 all day. Go race one and post that up ;)
                            Last edited by F34R; 08-26-2012, 01:26 AM.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              Turbo is the only thing that would get you to a "high 13second 1/4"
                              O rly?

Point taken though. That 2.7i has a whole lot of money thrown at it and there is no way OP's car runs a 13 second quarter unless it's got mods he isn't telling us about.
                              Last edited by OniKyan; 08-26-2012, 02:11 AM.
                              M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

No I'm shit on him off the line and pulled fully on him. One because he had to
                                Shift at 6500 and I had untill 7500 to shift. 2nd is I
                                Have a rebuilt engine he has 210k miles on the V8 3. I'm lighter. 4. I know how to drive. My car can run a high 13 quarter mile.
                                okay now gtfo. i'll bet my 220k b25 will pull every inch a hard as your 'rebuilt' crap.

secondly, an e46 M3 under 8100 shifts and hard launch runs a 13.4 quarter. so your car is faster than an s54, eh?

4.6L doesn't need 7500 rpms, it pulls like a mofo midrange. you're cooked.
                                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X