Good gun control policy in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
    California does in fact pay more in benefits per recipient than any other state in the contiguous 48 states.(These states range from $115.98-$149.05) I left almost in my statement b/c I vaguely remembered HI and AK being higher due to increased food transportation costs.

CA- $149.05

TN- $132.20

Misunderstood? Possibly.
    Wrong? Nope.

Source

Your not incorrect either, though I think that all the states on your map including TN and CA have too many people on SNAP.
    Of course each person gets paid more. the cost of living in CA is what, double the cost of living in TN? if you adjust for the cost of living, CA probably gets paid less per person than anywhere else.

your original statement didn't say anything about per person, either - and was obviously meant as a sort of blanket statement that CA is some huge welfare state (and is the cause of their gun crime?), when in fact the biggest welfare states are mostly in the south.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      Of course each person gets paid more. the cost of living in CA is what, double the cost of living in TN? if you adjust for the cost of living, CA probably gets paid less per person than anywhere else.

your original statement didn't say anything about per person, either - and was obviously meant as a sort of blanket statement that CA is some huge welfare state (and is the cause of their gun crime?), when in fact the biggest welfare states are mostly in the south.

I haven't studied CA's SNAP program in depth only a very brief primer on it by a UCSD researcher when I was in San Diego, and in that regard it was used by their presenter as a variable in organ donation rates which CA is lagging behind in. I obviously should have been more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
        It's not the hunting part that offends me, it's your history of presenting assumptions as fact. That's probably more annoying than offensive, if you wish to be technical. Totally with you on the furry stuff, though. ;)
        Woah buddy, I was under the impression this thread was one big joke after OP made stupid comments about hunting.

Comment

I wish I could troll like you guys :(

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
            Woah buddy, I was under the impression this thread was one big joke after OP made stupid comments about hunting.
            I'm with you on that. Don't these threads proceed from weak argument to personal insults? Maybe I missed a step.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Hunting is lame.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                Hunting is lame.

so is having a fixation on E30 BMW's. oh wait, you don't have one.

the lead hunting ammo ban is not about hunting, and will not accomplish it's stated goal of increasing condor populations. metallic lead as found in bullets is indigestable, and the idea that condors ingest spent bullets is laughable. the california condor is already extinct- the andean condor females released decades ago have diluted the DNA of the california condor population to the point that the average bird is 40% andean in heritage.

it is the incremental first step to make illegal all lead ammunition. since Heller the anti-2a movement has realized the ironclad right to own guns in common usage will not be overturned. their answer? restrict ammunition instead.

my son shot his first deer september 21. we dropped the deer off in Bishop to be processed that day. this saturday is my kamikaze run there and back to pick up the meat. I'll be driving my '91 318iS.

Comment

^
                  thats it right there folks, the greenies and envirocommies have tried to get the EPA to ban/regulate lead in all types of ammo for any purpose at the federal level for years but to no avail. So they have gone to the Mecca for their ilks mindset to get the precedent enacted, with some success it seems . Lead in its normal state ( you know the state that projectiles are in ) is highly stable and INSOLUBLE so the argument it will poison the environment is void. While a high traffic range is a different case, many of those ranges have outside contractors come into "mine" their backstops to reclaim the lead for the scrap value of the lead every so often. (IIRC some states actually require this for a commercial shooting facility)

Nice to see the Cass Sunstein Ideology is alive and well in the population of todays college kids.

You would all be bitching and moaning when you cant drive your car 34 feet with out hitting some large wild life, or see them all starving everywhere spreading disease because there is not enough for all them to eat. Or then would complain that there are too many large predators roaming around in surburbia snatching and eatting your precious fluffy and srcat out of your back yard off the string or out of the fence as they cant get away and are much easier to catch than wild prey. We would have to let them go unchecked again in an effort to control the Herbivor populations to a more natural level.

Only those that have never truly attempted to hunt large game use the poor defenseless/Unfair arguments. After all there are millions of hunters armed with the latest gear, firearms,clothing money can buy, every year to give them every advantage only to return empty handed for the season. Myself included some years. When you switch to other metals that have a similar density you get much harder alloys, that dont expand as well, and thereby dont impart as much energy into the target rather just pass though it. They have more a hole punching effect at any range, than expanding and delivering the energy into the target, that allows for a little more room for error for something other than perfect shot placement or unexpected prey movement during time of flight.

Do you really want people in mass to have copper/ zinc and copper washed Tungsten core ammo????? I will let you figure that one out
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-15-2013, 04:57 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I dont know enough about ammo to know the answer to that question. How are they worse than lead?

Have there been studies that prove lead bullets poison the environment or contaminate drinking water?

Lead is a pretty serious toxic substance, i can see the concern, but what is the concern from going lead free? Are there no good alternatives? Cost? Effectiveness? The electonics industry started going lead free more than a decade ago.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      I dont know enough about ammo to know the answer to that question. How are they worse than lead?

Have there been studies that prove lead bullets poison the environment or contaminate drinking water?

Lead is a pretty serious toxic substance, i can see the concern, but what is the concern from going lead free? Are there no good alternatives? Cost? Effectiveness? The electonics industry started going lead free more than a decade ago.
                      Well the best small arms Armor piercing projectiles (outside of depleted Uranium) have tungsten cores thanks to its density and the fact it so hard. Not to mention tungsten is very expensive. Having A/P rounds is considered a big no no. Sure there is a great lead alternative GOLD similar density and malleability.................

You can use machined solid brass bullets as well but those and most other "alternative" materials are not really humane for hunting purpose as there is little to no expansion on impact. This means there is a little entry hole and slightly bigger exit hole as a though and though over penetration situation with little energy imparted to the target. As opposed to little hole and no exit or very massive exit hole with all or most of the that energy dumped into the target with traditional lead projectiles tendency to expand on impact increasing interactive surface area (think like how a race car breaks up to dissipate energy away from the driver, just in reverse kinda) creating a much larger permanent and temporary wound cavities tearing more shit up to ensure a faster more humane kill if your not a perfect shot . Not to mention the alternatives are much more expensive, rare, and harder which is very destructive on barrels when launched out of a steel tube that fraction of an inch smaller than the projectile it self at 1000 -3000FPS and 200,000ish RPM. Also most of them are not as heavy so they tend to bleed off kinetic energy off faster in flight, there by reducing range and accuracy in general not to mention in adverse weather conditions. Talk to water foul hunters that used to use old school lead shot, and have been forced by law to switch over to Stainless by and larg. The performance is not there like with the lead, this is one place I kinda agree with the change over, because nearly all that lead would end up in a water way, where there is a potential for some reactivity even though a small one.

Lead is dangerous in a vaporized form (old timey auto exhaust) or when soldering with it and when its been processed into other things and in very small particulates (like paint). When its in its normal state like when in a bullet its very very stable, and nonreactive. Its very insoluble in water and anything else other than very strong acids. The only real study I have read was the one out of CA that makes the claim the condors were dieing form hunters using lead ammo, and a couple of military ranges that were in use since WWI and have had all kinds of lead and high explosives and who knows what else pounded into them for nearly a century. So in small 200ish grain chunks flung into the woods your not going to see any issue with toxicity, or even a family shooting area out at the farm. Like I said there is a exception to that, high volume long established shooting ranges, and there are companies that mine them to recover the lead with in them for the scrap value, my BIL nearly bought one such small family run outfit that did this from a couple that was wanting to retire.
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-15-2013, 09:54 PM.
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                        so is having a fixation on E30 BMW's. oh wait, you don't have one.

the lead hunting ammo ban is not about hunting, and will not accomplish it's stated goal of increasing condor populations. metallic lead as found in bullets is indigestable, and the idea that condors ingest spent bullets is laughable. the california condor is already extinct- the andean condor females released decades ago have diluted the DNA of the california condor population to the point that the average bird is 40% andean in heritage.

it is the incremental first step to make illegal all lead ammunition. since Heller the anti-2a movement has realized the ironclad right to own guns in common usage will not be overturned. their answer? restrict ammunition instead.

my son shot his first deer september 21. we dropped the deer off in Bishop to be processed that day. this saturday is my kamikaze run there and back to pick up the meat. I'll be driving my '91 318iS.
                        Another bullshit post by this nutbag who has no evidence to back his assertions.

Enjoy living in California and complaining about it constantly. We really don't have any fucks to give about your terrible perspective on any subject, ever.

Comment

Lead is very good for everyone and anyone. Hell, the ancient Romans knew of this and built their entire plumbing systems with lead pipes! This talk of banning lead is just to hamper the holistic medical benefits of a great element in favor of pills and medications. It's probably all rooted in pharmaceutical lobbying.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Slamin with the best troll of the thread

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Slamin with the best troll of the thread
                              My thread is the troll of the thread, Cletus.
                              2011 1M Alpine white/black
                              1996 Civic white/black
                              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

When you have to tell people your thread is a troll, it's no longer a troll.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X