Slightly sticky clutch pedal after new Slave/Master install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly sticky clutch pedal after new Slave/Master install

Hey guys, I had a leaking slave cylinder a few weeks ago, so I replaced the entire clutch hydraulic system - slave cyl, master cyl, blue braided hose from reservoir to master cyl and the rubber/metal hose from the master to the slave. No more leaks, and the clutch seems to disengage fine. I'm confident that the system is well-bled.

Only issue I have is that when letting off the clutch pedal, it's a little sticky. This makes first gear starts a bit jerky, and shifting just ain't as fun as it was before the leak issue. It almost feels like the inside of the master cylinder is not honed smooth, or maybe the slave pushrod is not getting linear movement. Maybe it's just an issue that will go away as the parts wear...

Anybody ever had this issue?
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

That sounds like it could be a problem with either of the cylinders. I can't think of a definitive way to determine which without replacing something. I'd try the slave first (use only an OE or OEM part). If that doesn't work, replace the master with an OE or OEM part.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

UPDATE: The stickiness went away after about 1k miles of city driving. My clutch is smooth now.

If you're having this same issue with new clutch hydraulic parts, just drive the car to break it in. The problem should go away after a little while.
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
      X