FS: Custom valve cover / intake manifold painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Custom valve cover / intake manifold painting

I'm offering my valve cover beautifying service to anyone who wants it :pimp: . I am pretty willing to try whatever you want, wrinkle finish, satin, gloss, multiple colors, brushed / polished raised sections, whatever. I've done a handful of them now and they hold up quite well in the heat, presumably because I prep them well. I can source the correct cover for your car or you can send me one that you already have. I'm not out to rape anyone, I gave Fox a pretty good deal, but prices might vary depending on what you want done. In general though, I feel that $60 is pretty fair for a standard painted cover with the raised sections sanded and polished. I enjoy doing this stuff and I take pride in doing it well, so feel free to ask any questions.

-Ian

This is Fox's finished cover done in wrinkle finish black.

Here is a satin black intake manifold that I did a while back for those who wanted to see something besides wrinkle finish.

Last edited by euroshark; 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Looks nice

Nice looking finish.

Comment

I'm working on an M20 (eta) cover in Wrinkle finish Red with brushed raised sections... I'll stick some pictures of that up here when it's done.

Comment

Do you prime these before painting ? Just curious. Looks good and good luck on the sale

Comment

Yes I do, Aluminum tends not to hold on to paint very well.

Comment

looks killer buddy!

Comment

Looks great i'd love to see the red one when it's done.

Comment

Wish I was closer. I just got an extra m42 valve cover that I was going to do in wrinkly black just like that... I just can't justify shipping and painting charges for something I was planning on doing myself. Looks great though, Im going to use your work as inspiration! lol

Comment

If you ship it, I'll paint it for free just to get my work out there

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                    I'm working on an M20 (eta) cover in Wrinkle finish Red with brushed raised sections... I'll stick some pictures of that up here when it's done.
                    Ferrari style, yo. :)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Are these powder coated or just painted?

Comment

It's high temp paint, and from my experience it holds up extremely well under the hood. I've got one installed on my E28 that I sold to a friend, it's been on for 6 months and still looks brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                          If you ship it, I'll paint it for free just to get my work out there
                          I'll ship you mine and pay for shipping both ways.

Comment

Do you have pics of any other styles you've done?

How long will it take for you to do a valve and manifold; best/longest case scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by Republic View Post
                              Do you have pics of any other styles you've done?

How long will it take for you to do a valve and manifold; best/longest case scenario?
                              Just added a couple shots of a satin black manifold I did. As for turn around time, best case is probably a week, worst case probably two weeks. Like many people here I work 40+ hours a week and go to school, but getting these done generally isn't a problem. Waiting for the paint to harden fully takes longer than the actual work of prepping, painting, and sanding / polishing combined!

Comment

Working...
                              X