Mighty E30 at the races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruceBe View Post
    Garey - I don't recall anything special wrt signal conditioning. It's an Autometer tach - with a V8, it should be set for 4 pulses/revolution.

-Bruce
    Okay, that will save me some time in troubleshooting... I'll revisit my components and wiring and find the issue. Thanks Bruce,

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Bruce,

Thanks! Let me know how that works out if you switch to 10 ok?

How is the 3.23 ratio working out? Would you happen to know what the actual top speeds are in the first 3 gears?
      Jean - took a look at putting 15 x 10's on the front - not really feasible, even with the Group A replica fenders that we have. There's about a 1/4" of clearance to the strut (and it's a low-profile motor-sport unit), and the outside of the tire is just inside the vertical plane defined by the outside of the fender. So, unless you went with even wider front fenders, and could deal with even more steering scrub radius, I would say 15 x 9" in the front is about the limit.

On the rear, we have 4" shelf/DTM fender replicas, and we have plenty of room between the inside of the wheel and the damper. So, 15 x 10's can and will work for us in the rear.

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
      X