No announcement yet.

M60 Swap: List of parts to take from donor car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is true. i just walk into my napa with the hoses, couplings, and starbucks coffee. i ask the guy if i can use the crimping machine myself. invariably, they say "its all yours".
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Since the m60 P/S pump uses a bigger input banjo fitting then the e30 does (18mm), you'll need to come up with a solution for that. The m60 P/S hose probably won't fit great, it has a long section of metal pipe that is most likely directly in the way of... everything. You may be able to carefully bend it into shape, but it's an $80 part.

I just picked up part number 32411119782 (from an e12) for $5, which is an 18mm banjo fitting that has a male hose barb end on it, so you can just get a hose that fits on that barb, and connect that to your P/S reservoir. Turns out the barb is the same size as the reservoir output, so it works nice. I forget which size hose I used. I did the same thing for the rack output to the reservoir... just a banjo male barb fitting to a hose, same size as the reservoir. As others have stated, a custom high pressure line is needed. I used a swivel 90 degree fitting at one end so that the 'clocking' of the hose and the length wouldn't need to be exact.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

^ nice!
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
        X