No announcement yet.

Toyota Celicas (2000+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id personally love to get a 05 corolla xrs , has the same drivetran as the gt-s.
    sorta a DD sleeper thing

Comment

GT-86 or go home.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Not worth the flip in my book.

COTM

Comment

If you're going to buy a Celica, atleast buy a cool one. Like this...

Practically a bargain at $6500 and you won't be confused with a highschool cheerleader.

91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

haha that thing is fuckign awesome!

Comment

You're absolutely right..... they are girly.

..cool story= I now and then meet one of those, yellow color with matching interior.... I lol everytime.
              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Fair beans, the jury has spoken.

The plan that the Celica deviated me from involved a new Jeep Wranger 4dr with silly big tires on it because I am getting a big boy salary in January. Plus winter here sucks balls and I wanted to laugh at it since I have to live in it. But then I started reading reviews and they seem like horrible vehicles, and maybe I should revert to an older model, maybe a '98 TJ and put some $$ into it.

And I'm not sure if the bad reviews on the 2010+ models were from dumb owners expecting more out of a Jeep, driving it like it's a sports car, or it's actually shit. The general consensus from what I read is that 60,000km (or miles, I forget) onwards is a living hell in maintenance.

And I always have that P.O.S. half completed m50 swap sitting at home I haven't had the time to pay attention too. But besides that, anyone have any decent suggestions or advice on said Jeeps (I did read just about every thread on older models, I'm talking the newer ones, but fire away about the old ones if you want)
                r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Wranglers of any generation hold their value like retarded.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

fuck

Comment

Honestly, i'd stay away from any celica. My girl friend, and her dad each have one and it burns oil like a mother fucker. that engine is well known for having piston rings stick, and cause all kinds of hell. toyota actually has a service bulletin about this consumption issue. the fix? a new short block.
                      i guess before you comit to a 4 cyclinder toyota of that era, look that tail pips of the ones around you. the back bumper is absolutely filthy with oily sutt (sp?)

in additon, i just don't like driving them; you can't see out of the back, the interior is kinda noisy, you cant see out the back, and there just insn't enough head room for me.

the only thing i like about them, is the good gas milage they offer.

just my 2 cents. i'm sure there are 10 other guy who will comment now claiming they are better than a M3 (or something silly like that.)

Comment

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
                        Fair beans, the jury has spoken.

The plan that the Celica deviated me from involved a new Jeep Wranger 4dr with silly big tires on it because I am getting a big boy salary in January. Plus winter here sucks balls and I wanted to laugh at it since I have to live in it. But then I started reading reviews and they seem like horrible vehicles, and maybe I should revert to an older model, maybe a '98 TJ and put some $$ into it.

And I'm not sure if the bad reviews on the 2010+ models were from dumb owners expecting more out of a Jeep, driving it like it's a sports car, or it's actually shit. The general consensus from what I read is that 60,000km (or miles, I forget) onwards is a living hell in maintenance.

And I always have that P.O.S. half completed m50 swap sitting at home I haven't had the time to pay attention too. But besides that, anyone have any decent suggestions or advice on said Jeeps (I did read just about every thread on older models, I'm talking the newer ones, but fire away about the old ones if you want)
                        i have an older tj wrangler, but i did some research on JKUs (4 door wranglers) front what i can tell with the older engine (3.8) is, its not builet proof like the old 4.0s but it's not terible. they leak at the timing cover, and the have had a reputation with bad coils, but all in all, decent engine, just a little gutless. if your going to off road it, there are some chassis issues you should address, but you can cross that river when you get to it.

look at me. talking like some kind of know it all. :p

Comment

Smoke dis yea
                          Attached Files

Comment

My first car was a ST162 chassis Celica. Loved that car.

After making some modifications I think I'd drive a newer one to just have a modern "fast" car to stomp on without feeling bad about hurting it. I would "detune" its exterior, focus on making it handle well, and then add some juice to the engine. I used to think these cars just looked like they were trying to hard to look fast, but compared with today's radical car designs they don't seem so bad anymore. There are a few other FWD Japanese cars I would look at first, however, but I'm not sure how the prices would compare.
                            My Feedback

Comment

One of the best handling Fwds around. Some say better than the integra, I'll disagree but pretty damn close. You do not need to do much to make these cars fun to drive.
                              I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Toyota's own advertising campaign for the last Celica says it all: it looks fast..
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X