What Drone Program ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

This issue does deserve some serious attention but I don't think anything will become of it through the Obama administration.

But here's a more interesting question.

What if republicans take the white house in 2016?

Do you seriously think they'll piece together some legislation banning drone strikes in the US in their first term? or will it make for a television topic during the presidential debates?

I wouldnt hold my breath.
    Last edited by Javier h; 03-07-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
      This issue does deserve some serious attention but I don't think anything will become of it through the Obama administration.

But here's a more interesting question.

What if republicans take the white house in 2016?

Do you seriously think they'll piece together some piece of legislation banning drone strikes in the US in their first term? or will it make for a television topic during the presidential debates?

I wouldnt hold my breath.
      That's easy! Republicans, namely Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were all too happy to dance all over the rights of Americans with their so-called Patriot Act. And GWB uttered the famous war cry of "you're either with us, or against us"!

In other words, it was fear-mongering Republicans who opened the Pandora's Box of warrantless and limitless detainment. Obama has let them have their way lest he once again be pounced upon for being "soft on terror".

Maybe we should all start writing letters again....by hand. Straight from the brain to the pen to the envelope. That'll give 'em something to do....and then watch as they target letter-writers as being suspicious because they use a non-traceable form of communication! ;)

Comment

Yeah, Obama is letting all this happen to save face. A great excuse!

+1 on writing letters again. Perhaps we should start yelling really loud to avoid cellphone communication? It's radiation straight to your brain anyways.

Comment

Exactly

That's what so hypercritical about this.

Republicans are stereotyped as war mongers.

And the democrats as peace-seeking hippies.

Now you have a democrat acting like a republican (mostly, although this anti drone issue is coming from both parties) and the republicans are grand standing.

Hilarious.

Again, we'll see how paramount this issue becomes in 2016 assuming the other side takes the white house. I could be wrong but this seems like just another political topic that makes the news.

To say that Obama might target people that he general hates just cheapens the argument. I suspect, if people can be arrested in US soil, they will be. Way to much political fall out if they elect not to.
          Last edited by Javier h; 03-07-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

No we have progressives acting like progressives,

We had Rand Paul yesterday pull an OLD SCHOOL Filibuster where he stood up and talked for 13 hours straight, NO bathroom break, No food break, No fucking nothing but talking the respite would be the occasional questions from other senators. All in regards to the 0's CIA chief nomination, and the primary topic of this Filibuster was DOMESTIC DRONE use/strikes.

Yes the Patriot act was a shitty deal, only to have been surpassed by the NDAA last year. You really think the 0 is acting like a R what the fuck.................

Edit: Seems that MRr Holder has been told by his boss to just say NO, in response senator Paul talking the night away. All though the short and sweetened response is a little more to the point (and has only taken 6 weeks and huge fight to get) still has a bit of disturbing and ambiguous language in it as well.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
            X