Prop 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    Gay is purely unnatural. That's all there really is to it.
    This hoary old screed again? Never mind homosexual behavior is observed in hundreds of animal species, including humans....this is the chant of the uninformed, scientifically illiterate fundamentalist. I do believe the Muslims hate homosexuality, and also warn against masturbation, since it "weakens the spine, causes the semen to become thin and insipid, and leads to mental illness"....more great science!

I'll tell you what's unnatural: celibacy! Accordingly, celibacy in animals is extremely rare.

I personally cannot imagine being attracted to the same sex, but that doesn't mean it's not completely normal for others.....

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post

There are plenty of places to build a Mosque in NYC

2.5 blocks from ground zero is not one of them.

It's a slap in the face.
      So, how many blocks is the right distance? The respectful distance?

If one is trying to maintain that Islamic faith itself, rather than a small group of deluded and misguided men, propagated 9/11 then I maintain there is NO respectful distance.

The real slap in the face is that one of the owners of Fox News has donated significant amounts of money to building the so-called Ground Zero Mosque, which is actually not at ground zero, nor is it singularly a Mosque.

Comment

nvm.
        Last edited by Dozyproductions; 06-29-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          Essentially we are saying the same thing,

"The Prop 8 ruling, on the other hand, is less decisive and more complicated. Prop 8 is a 2008 California ballot initiative that prohibited same-sex marriage by amending the state’s constitution. The case was dismissed today on the basis that the petitioners don’t have standing; since the California courts have already struck down Prop 8, the lawyers opposing the bill don’t have standing to defend it. This means the court has effectively validated the rulings of lower courts that have rejected Prop 8."

no, we are not saying the same thing. prop 8 stands after Supreme Court review only because of a technicality. the merits of a state constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage were not addressed- therefore no Supreme Court case law precedent going forward.

should another state amend its constitution to prohibit same-sex marriage, the resulting lawsuit could make it back to the Supreme Court. if such a law were defended by the official state attorney general then the Courts' decision would become a precedent like roe v. wade. or plessy v. ferguson

the only precedent in this decision is that elected state officials may ignore the will of the people and act according to their own conscience.

which, if you think about it, is not a good thing.

Comment

OH god damn it's literally, physically painful how stupid some of you are.

However, it completely explains the current state of the US.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
              the only precedent in this decision is that elected state officials may ignore the will of the people and act according to their own conscience.
              No such new precedent was established in this case. There have been other cases where there the state has refused to defend an existing law.
              Last edited by tjts1; 06-30-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I love how people say "the gays" i wonder if saying "the blacks" is ok as well.
                BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  OH god damn it's literally, physically painful how stupid some of you are.

However, it completely explains the current state of the US.

just read the last three pages of your arguments.

you sir have my second on literally everything you just said.

this homo thanks you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                    no, we are not saying the same thing. prop 8 stands after Supreme Court review only because of a technicality. the merits of a state constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage were not addressed- therefore no Supreme Court case law precedent going forward.

should another state amend its constitution to prohibit same-sex marriage, the resulting lawsuit could make it back to the Supreme Court. if such a law were defended by the official state attorney general then the Courts' decision would become a precedent like roe v. wade. or plessy v. ferguson

which, if you think about it, is not a good thing.
                    Oh I see you want to redefine your own version of what happened. Good luck, god bless

Comment

Originally posted by camshaftgsxr View Post
                      I love how people say "the gays" i wonder if saying "the blacks" is ok as well.
                      The christians, jews, straights, whites, latinos, europeans, soccer players, lawyers, pedophiles.

It doesn't matter beyond which has more influence to fulfill the economic and political agenda of the day. Don't be butt hurt pun intended.

What about gun control, obamacare, the federal reserve system and etc? It's all put on the back burner of American consciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                        The christians, jews, straights, whites, latinos, europeans, soccer players, lawyers, pedophiles.
                        saying "the" before a group implies that they are different than you, and most of the time it implies inferiority.

Comment

saying "the" before a group implies that they are different than you, and most of the time it implies inferiority.
                          I don't know what planet you live on, but I hate to remind you that HUMANS are DIFFERENT by all sorts of characteristics, either it be by color, race/ethnicity, belief, religion, sexual orientation etc

you need to rid of that "P.C." bullshit out of your head bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            Oh I see you want to redefine your own version of what happened. Good luck, god bless
                            my definition has not been revised at all. just hoping to cure your ignorance.

Comment

Comment

the r3vers

here's a list of them http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=292042
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X