-rebuilt diff from agent :mrgreen:
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      -rebuilt diff from agent :mrgreen:
      We'll see how it goes on the Dragon in a couple months!! :devil:

Comment

Working AC...thing of legend in the e30 world!
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
          Working AC...thing of legend in the e30 world!
          R12, not converted, never broken apart. I had to smack the shit out of the condensor fan to get it going again but its all working! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
            R12, not converted, never broken apart. I had to smack the shit out of the condensor fan to get it going again but its all working! ;D
            was it full of r12 or did you need a refill? my system is intact and working but not blowing cold air... It's like $110 a lb

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
              was it full of r12 or did you need a refill? my system is intact and working but not blowing cold air... It's like $110 a lb

I purchased 2 cans of Freeze12 from ebay and a can of Freeze12 stop leak. You'll also need the special r12 era tool to install it.

Sounds about like mine. I put a can of stop leak in, then the two cans of Freeze12. By about half way through the second can, it was ice cold.

Comment

That sounds much less expensive than a $350 service call... which does include a fresh charge of the real thing though... keep me posted on the freeze12. I didn't read a good review.... perhaps I'll take a closer look...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                  That sounds much less expensive than a $350 service call... which does include a fresh charge of the real thing though... keep me posted on the freeze12. I didn't read a good review.... perhaps I'll take a closer look...

I mean, I've been using this stuff for 10 years. It used to be $8 per can! Buying old stock for $40 is still a good deal though all considered and certainly cheaper than converting correctly.

Comment

Well, some time has passed and some shit has gone down. Many thousands have been spent yet again and still counting. Its time that I updated my little thread that 10 people will read.

From my last post some pretty notable shit has transpired. Went to the Brodeo with all of my buds and had a great time. Unfortunately, I broke a rocker arm on the last day but luckily we were close to the Tennessee border so I towed it to RobertK's shop. God what a fucking blessing that was...

Agent and scabzzzz

Everyone standing around staring at my broken car. There was no question that everyone was stopping this drive to get me sorted out. I love this community...

All in all the trip was a ton of fun, the car performed extremely well for how tired the driveline was, and all the suspension/brake effort was well worth it.

Towed the car to Knoxville as I said, and from there towed back home to Nashville. Then towed to a friends house about an hour away who has a lift. A friend was getting rid of his engine, which was actually one of the old tech's from Treehouse Racing original race engine he used back in 2006-ish era when I was first getting into these cars. Talk about nostalgic.... it had to be mine. Along with finding and installing all the old Treehouse parts we used to sell back then. This direction-less money pit finally is starting to take shape. Im going to build the ultimate E30 with all the parts I wanted and couldnt afford 10 years ago!

Goodbye gross and stinky and slow M20.

The M20 was so sad to leave and be retired that she was gracious enough to shit a little more fluid out on the ground for old times sake. What a gal!

Professional rednecking in progress.

A little lube and it squeezed in just fine. Kind of painful though, I bled a lot. I always do though. :(

Anyone need this before I find another 2002 and stick it in it?

Sitting in place. Thing fits REALLY well with the AKG Motorsport motor mounts. I feel like people are sleeping on AKG these days...

Header clearance on the control arm bushings is excellent. Stock shit, no Treehouse stuff needed (getting lolipops anyways though).

First start video....
                    IMG_0576.TRIM by scabzzzz, suck it bitch

Easy peasy! Aside from the retard mistake I make EVERY single time of mixing up the feed/return fuel lines, fired right up. No troubleshooting. Yay. Now on to the million other minor things that need to be trimmed, relocated, fixed, corrected, adjusted, etc etc etc...

Sent the car to Franklin Muffler on a tow truck (surprise surprise) to get buttoned up. RobertK really hooked it up with a nice period-ish correct Stromung E36 M3 muffler. Coupled with a new Magnaflow dual in/out catalytic converter, 2/5" from front to back. A little loud, but not too bad! Hopefully it settles in a bit more. There's room for resonators Im sure.

Details on the swap:
                    -Non-vanos M50 from a 92' 325i
                    -Cam timing adjustments (tipped)
                    -Pink top injectors, flow matched, with Active Autowerk tune
                    -No leaks
                    -Intake/headers/exhaust
                    -Sachs Clutch/flywheel for m20
                    -G260 transmission
                    -Stock brake booster/pedal setup (clevis modification)
                    -AKG 24v swap motor mounts
                    -Treehouse Racing G260 trans brace
                    -Garagistic wiring harness adapter (will repin my C101 later and ditch it)
                    -Ebay headers
                    -Stock cooling system for M20
                    -80/88C fan temp switch, no mechanical fan
                    -KA motors intake (if it'll ever show up in the mail)
                    -Magnaflow and Stromung exhaust
                    -Garagistic DSSR

Hardest pulling M50 I've ever felt for sure. Feels S50 like, but definitely not like my S52. All in all a nice upgrade. Would have spent the same on a refreshed M20 if not more. This thing loves to live in the 4k RPM + range. It just never stops pulling... tons of fun to drive!

Seriously running out of stuff to buy for this car.

Not sure I'm feeling the french hi beams. Leave it or no? Meh, I'm on the fence. For certain I'll be ordering euro grills and trim.

.....and my next project ;D
                    Last edited by scabzzzz; 02-20-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Thing fits REALLY well with the AKG Motorsport motor mounts. I feel like people are sleeping on AKG these days...
                      AKG has the best motor mounts. Everyone initially cheaps out and buys some other crap, complains about how terrible it feels, then feels like the heavens opened on them when they feel the AKG mounts. a MUST have for 24v E30 swaps.

Car looks great, Ive always wanted to mess with the NV motor
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        AKG has the best motor mounts. Everyone initially cheaps out and buys some other crap, complains about how terrible it feels, then feels like the heavens opened on them when they feel the AKG mounts. a MUST have for 24v E30 swaps.
                        This has been my plan all along...haha. Got some used m5 mounts (in basically new condition because I'm pretty sure the PO bought AKGs haha) but I'll definitely be buying AKGs down the line.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Car looks great, Ive always wanted to mess with the NV motor
                          I dont know one single person using them around here, only the E24/E28 mounts or whatever people otherwise use. The green ones.

Ya know, Im missing out on some power by not going S series engine but frankly its not even needed. I wanted to stay somewhat period with this car, kind of a throwback to if I bought it new and wanted to mod it. I dont know if Id recommend an NV m50 but this one sure is tits. I didnt build it though...

Comment

I dont know if Id recommend an NV m50 but this one sure is tits. I didnt build it though...
                            How different is it from stock?
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Cams wake that engine up with a tune and TMS still sells one. It's old and could be modernized but think of an NV engine as a M20 with two cams and no timing belt.

In order to utilize the torque you need to pay attention to how your driving. Car looks great.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                                How different is it from stock?
                                20% maybe? It’s not a lot. Feels a ton different though. My M2” was tired, so this engine feels significant. If you’re doing a swap, M52+ if you want to feel a worthy difference.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                                Cams wake that engine up with a tune and TMS still sells one. It's old and could be modernized but think of an NV engine as a M20 with two cams and no timing belt.

In order to utilize the torque you need to pay attention to how your driving. Car looks great.
                                Exactly, and thanks!

Can I still get that passenger seat? Please :)

Comment

Working...
                                X