Fuel Connection Pipe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Connection Pipe Question

I have a 91 318i and am putting in a new fuel tank and lines. Really not wanting to spend $140.00 on a pipe thats all of 6 inches long, hoping I can do it myself, Part # is 16111177925. Wondering if anyone knows what size pipe this is and what size the bubble flare would be

thanks guys

(#4 in the diagram)

In Germany there is a guy who sells that tube are a flexible one instead of a hard line.
    Maybe there is someone in the States who also makes these..?

Tankschlauch BMW E30. Tankverbindungsschlauch. Edelstahl, Rostfrei. Passend bei allen E30 Modellen. BMW E30 Tankschlauch . Verbindet die beiden Tankhälften. Edelstahl ummantelt. Rostfrei . Der Schlauch ersetzt Plug & Play das originale Rohr, welches oftmals wegen Rost undicht ist und unschön aussieht. Der...
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Normally a new tank will come with the line installed. Perhaps not if you got one from BMW of course.

But I would bet that if you took the pipe/fittings to a plumbing supplier they would be able to help you out.

Comment

yup. its looks just like a regular old line with some compression fittings on it. I have never taken one apart to verify the fittings but they sure look that way.

and, if your new tank doesn't have one, someone will have a parts car laying around to let that part go.

Comment

New tank didn’t come with the connection pipe. Other issue is I tried taking the line off the old gas tank but it was so corroded it basically just twisted itself and snapped.

Comment

They're flare fittings, and the pipe itself is tube.
            It will be a bit tricky to get metric flare (I never measured the angle)
            in the US, but if you can find a supplier and have a flaring tool that can
            grab the tube, it'd be cheaper to make it yourself.

I'd say just hit the pick-n-pull, but even here early E30s aren't showing up in the
            yards much anymore...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X