1991 M technic Convertible For Sale with Hard Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 M technic Convertible For Sale with Hard Top

Change in Listing, this is now listed on Bring A Trailer for sale. Please view this site if you're interested in the car. Well BMW fans, it's time to sell my authentic BMW Mtech II Convertible with included hardtop. I have absolutely loved this car for the 5 or 6 years we've owned it. I purchased it from this very website so I wanted to put it out to this community.
    134,590 miles.

Here is a video tour of the car: https://youtu.be/DjUHq-SgD20

More pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wqkvyy6ac...wFRmJ54Va?dl=0

I have a folder full of records, which includes a clean Carfax.When I purchased the car I put the maintenance records in a Google Sheet so if you're interested in checking out the limited service history here you go...

The good....almost everything! It's located in the Atlanta GA area and has been in a garage since I bought it. The POWER TOP WORKS!! It needs some help with your hands, but it works. The car comes from California and spent most of its life there. It's in amazing condition for a 27 year old car.

The concerns you may have: Ever since I bought it there's some sort of noise when I release the clutch in neutral. It doesn't impact the way it drives and I've noticed no performance problem with shifting. It's been this way for 5 years. I've asked a BMW mechanic to look at it, he told me to drive it until I need a new clutch. I'll take a driving video and post it here later in the week with the noise included in the video. The mtech fabric is starting to show some wear on the drivers seat and the rear seat. I would give it a 7 out of 10 and if I were going to keep the car, I would have the seats re-done with the new fabric from BimmerCloth. That said, it is cool having it be original.

If you know anything about these cars, you know how rare they are. You won't find one in much better shape than mine. Mine was a factory automatic that has been converted to a manual.

This is the description from the previous owner who had a lot of work done to the car when I purchased it in 2013. Including the link for the sale thread. Keep in mind the verbiage below is from 2013.

Selling a beautiful 1991 BMW M-Tech Convertible. This car has been babied and needs nothing! The following maintenance and upgrades were accomplished within the last 2,000 miles:

- Clutch w/ redline fluid
    - Bilstein SpoSports w/ SPAX Sport Springs
    - Treehouse Racing Front Control Arm Bushings
    - Timing Belt, water pump, and cooling system hoses
    - New M-Tech 2 Steering Wheel
    - New E-30 M3 one-piece shift knob and boot
    - Nakamichi CD-400 CD player w/ iPod connection kit
    - EJ Knight Skid Plate
    - US Ellips w/ 4300K HID Headlights
    - IE Engineering Front Strutbar
    - BMW Factory Hardtop
    - BMW Factory Windscreen

More info on this rare BMW:

Information from BMW NA regarding the ’91 M-Technic cars:

1991 325i (E30) M Technic Package
    • Total number produced (US) 149
    • Production dates: From 6/90 to 6/91
    • Manual transmission 110
    • Automatic transmission 039
    • Available exterior colors:
    * Macao Blue Metallic
    * Sterling Silver Metallic
    * Brilliant Red
    • Interior:
    * Black Nappa leather with center of seating surfaces in anthracite M3 sports evo cloth
    * The same applied to front door panels and rear side panels
    * Black Nappa leather on door pockets, armrests, center & handbrake console
    * Black leather on gear shift knob & boot
    * Black leather on handbrake handle & boot
    • M Technic suspension
    • Cross-spoke light alloy wheels 7 X 15
    • M Technic spoiler package
    • Shadowline (black) trim
    • M Technic badges on front & rear
    • Deletion of 325i badge on trunklid
    • M Technic inscription on door sills
    • Trunklid lining
    • Option code – 771
    • Package price – $4,700

1991 BMW 325 Mtech Convertbible
    1991 BMW 325 Mtechnic
    1991 BMW Mtech II
    1991 BMW Mtech 2
    Last edited by wantabmw; 04-23-2018, 12:09 PM.

Absolutely gorgeous! Wish I could swing that!

Comment

Beautiful car. I’d rather take a clean MT2 over an M3 any day of the week. GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice car! Was it in northern Cali when you bought it? I think i converted this car to manual. That noise is likely a bad layshaft bearing in the trans. Will run forever like that but can be rebuilt with new bearings to cure it. Best of luck on a beautiful car! I say list on BAT auction...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
        '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
        '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
        iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
        sigpic

Comment

My dream Mtech, beautiful car sir. Good Luck with the sale!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

A very nice & rare car - worth every penny in that condition! As it was originally configured
            (with an automatic) it is one of 17 according to http://www.e30ic.com/.

I agree that BAT would be the right place to sell that car.
            [I

Comment

BAT would be a fair venue for sure. It will get a priced accordingly.

Comment

If you are Ryan G Motor Works then yes, you did the conversion to manual. Thanks for the analysis on the clutch, I believe that's what the technician here told me as well.
                Last edited by wantabmw; 02-25-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I lusted for a red MT2 for sooooo many years. I mean, there was non higher...even above an M3. THAT, right there is beautiful. GLWS.

COTM

Comment

Video tour of Mtech II

Just posted a video in my original thread. Here it is if you are interested in the car. Be warned, it's 33 minutes long.

Comment

Seriously

Don't sell that car. It's not perfect but at the same time, it is. That's the best way I could describe it. I would spruce a few things up as time and resources become available but all in all a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                        Don't sell that car. It's not perfect but at the same time, it is. That's the best way I could describe it. I would spruce a few things up as time and resources become available but all in all a keeper.
                        Thanks Javier...I'm with you, but we simply don't drive it often enough and could use the extra space in the garage. I love it, but I think someone else would love it more.

Comment

looks like its been run over plenty of parking curbs

Comment

Wow! My favorite e30 from all the variations.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, absolutely beautiful! Congrats! Pardon my ignorance on the topic, but an authentic mtechII vert didn't include a rear truck spoiler?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X