No announcement yet.

1992 Vert repost from Vert Subforum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing was the physical embodiment of a diamond in the rough. Looks really clean now. I'm surprised after being sun beaten that the 13 button obc still works. Nice find.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Beautiful car, that paint cleaned up nicely. I have a late model vert myself, brilliantrot. Ill be in the Philly area mid-summer. Maybe ill see you out!

Comment

You really worked the life outta the paint job, Mine looks like your car in beginning kind of....Would you like to do mine also for some $$$ =)

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
          You really worked the life outta the paint job, Mine looks like your car in beginning kind of....Would you like to do mine also for some $$$ =)

It still needs work haha I have to cut the paint once more. I went light the first time because I didn’t want go to deep into the paint and go past it. What color is your car? My paint is single stage so it made it easier. From my understanding the clear coats fail in the metallic cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1992 325i Convertible - "project"
          1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys I’ll try to keep this thread updated as I go. It’ll be slow at times and other times quick lol

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

basically the same car lol. Color and our interior color match, but my poor car came auto and has been swapped since then.

Comment

basically the same car lol. Color and our interior color match, but my poor car came auto and has been swapped since then.

I used that and did a quick pass. I will be doing a more detailed/ more steps pass to make it 100%

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by NEOe30 View Post
                  Beautiful car, that paint cleaned up nicely. I have a late model vert myself, brilliantrot. Ill be in the Philly area mid-summer. Maybe ill see you out!
                  Let me know! I'll be out of the country in June but I'll be around otherwise lol
                  1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Where did you source the zip in window?

Comment

I got it from Ebay, it has a two year warranty and came with all the tools necessary. Not every car has zip in windows though, only the late models. Let me know if you need any help with putting it on!
                      1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
                        I got it from Ebay, it has a two year warranty and came with all the tools necessary. Not every car has zip in windows though, only the late models. Let me know if you need any help with putting it on!

I have. 93 e30. Definitely zip in. Was it the seller from North Carolina?

Comment

I've done the zip in window. works great for top in good condition with bad window.

Comment

Yup! Great quality for the price!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

I've done the zip in window. works great for top in good condition with bad window.

Everyone kept telling me I’d have to replace the top but something told me to check the back window and I saw the zipper and felt great relief lol. Even on the forums a lot of people weren’t certain of it and thought it didn’t exist or that it was a aftermarket top but the tag in the front of the car near the rear view mirror on the inside of the top rear original bmw top so that out my mind at ease

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Nice little restoration. Love it when you can clean and fix parts you already have instead of replacing .

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Working...
                                X