Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Voltmeter for under 2$

Hello Folks

so few people wanted to make a DIY thread for the digital voltmeter.

I understand some people say 50+ bucks for voltmeter is too much.

so here is the cheapest way to do it.

its simple and easy.

since I wasn't on rush I ordered one from China. it took about 24 days to arrive!

here is the ebay link ~>

I am not trying to do sale or anything there are many sellers has the same item. The size you need is 0.56".

There is also a US sellers and you can get it roughly for less than 10 bucks. (just search on ebay)

I used a 2 wire type voltmeter. Connected the red (positive) to the plug of the radio power and the black (ground) to the radio case/ground. So that it will work with the ignition.

The red wire connected to the purple ish wire and that goes to the radio plug.

and here is the the ground.

and here is the end

Thats it.

Again. I am not trying to sale anything or advertise. i am trying to help thats all.

also there are multiple ways to run the positive and negative wires. with my old e30 I used to run with the emergency power switch.

EDIT

Sorry guys I didn't know the admin approved this thread!!

here are some measures from my unit

Here are all the measures from the one I have

I think this is the one I bought from

hope that helps
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Mushi; 08-08-2015, 09:53 PM.

Wow, that's a steal for the voltmeter. I don't even know if I want it in my dash but I'm buying one. Thanks!

Comment

im going to try something like this but i ordered the voltmeter that wasnt encased in a housing and im going to try and mount it up in the check panel...

Comment

Nice lil write up..Was it a direct fit into the stock button opening? Just clips right in?

Comment

I sincerely doubt it fits right in.

Comment

Bought and will post back when I get it, not as sleek as others but let's see what I get

Comment

still waiting for it to show up.......any others get one?

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                still waiting for it to show up.......any others get one?
                Mine showed up a couple days ago.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Yeah same. Works great but the plastic is crap

Comment

how was the fit? any pictures?

Comment

got mine in today, it works just fine. I didnt mess with it to long, but the plastic felt fine to me. Ill take a longer look at it later. Not as nice as the flush one I bought off the forum though.

Comment

I ordered the same one OP posted but mine won't fit the dash hole, did you guys have to trim or modify it?

Comment

Have not tried yet but I may try tomorrow

Comment

The one I got is bigger than the one showed on the OP pictures no way it will fit without cutting and trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushi View Post
                              Hello Folks

so few people wanted to make a DIY thread for the digital voltmeter.

I understand some people say 50+ bucks for voltmeter is too much.

so here is the cheapest way to do it.

its simple and easy.

since I wasn't on rush I ordered one from China. it took about 24 days to arrive!

here is the ebay link ~>

I am not trying to do sale or anything there are many sellers has the same item. The size you need is 0.56".

There is also a US sellers and you can get it roughly for less than 10 bucks. (just search on ebay)

I used a 2 wire type voltmeter. Connected the red (positive) to the plug of the radio power and the black (ground) to the radio case/ground. So that it will work with the ignition.

The red wire connected to the purple ish wire and that goes to the radio plug.

and here is the the ground.

and here is the end

Thats it.

Again. I am not trying to sale anything or advertise. i am trying to help thats all.

also there are multiple ways to run the positive and negative wires. with my old e30 I used to run with the emergency power switch.

hope that helps
                              Cheers.

Originally posted by K0nArtist View Post
                              The one I got is bigger than the one showed on the OP pictures no way it will fit without cutting and trimming.

the one I got is also bigger than OP's
                              Last edited by mike87; 08-08-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X