Oil dipstick guide tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil dipstick guide tube

I dont have an attachment to upload but i have been searching a bit for the guide tube for the oil dipstick because mine is leaking, assuming thisncould cause a vacuum leak? Anyways i ordered one from pelican parts but they updated my order saying the part is NLA so im not sure what to do about a replacement. I tried 1/2 inch fuel line but once i finally got it all together it was rwieted and would reshape itself so i couldnt get ththe dipstick back in. Any suggestions or help trying to find a fix for this? This probably isnt specific to the iX but i figured i would put it here.

I used a generic rubber hose from the parts store (that can withstand oil) on mine when I redid my cylinder head.
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
      I used a generic rubber hose from the parts store (that can withstand oil) on mine when I redid my cylinder head.
      Any information on the hose that you used? I was thinking about maybe a piece of water hose but I doubt that could handle petroleum.

Comment

Originally posted by RWD BLOWS View Post
        Any information on the hose that you used? I was thinking about maybe a piece of water hose but I doubt that could handle petroleum.
        Can't tell you the brand as he gave me a short piece, I just measured the diameter of the metal dipstick tube and went to the parts store.

I do remember that the BMW 2002 also uses this same piece of tube.
        Just checked, it has the same part no. (11431258329)

RogersTii, sells this piece. (I'm from Europe so I didn't order from there..)
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I just ordered one from there, hopefully this helps anyone else out there searching for the actual part to replace it with.

Comment

Working...
          X