No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always loved this car. It's just simple and has a perfect look to it. Too bad we couldn't have met up when I was still in Albuquerque. My vert came from Murray Imports in Denver and stayed a CO car until I got it. Keep up the good work man. It's still looking as clean as ever.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

July 23 2012..................................................Mileage: 239,323

So, I finally got everything all put back together. Turns out the radiator I got had a hidden crack or something, somewhere. I decided to go back to my old radiator. I cleaned the radiator and drained and bled the cooling system for, hopefully, the last time until I pick up a Mishimoto or something.

I also decided that, since my hood was off, I should give the engine bay a quick cleaning. It's not the best job, but it's quite the improvement over what it was like...

Before

After

Clean hood!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That picture with my bike on top is the last time I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          That picture with my bike on top is the last time I saw it.
          Yeah, I noticed that too. :(

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I didnt even realize that this was Bishops old ride. Lookin good. I really dig a clean m20. :up:

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
              I didnt even realize that this was Bishops old ride. Lookin good. I really dig a clean m20. :up:
              Yepp! Keepin' her in the r3v community

Comment

What'd you do to the bay? I've degreased most of mine and my engine and tranny underneath are bright silver, but my bay itself is kinda dusty and grimy. Did you scrub down every single inch, or something else?
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                  What'd you do to the bay? I've degreased most of mine and my engine and tranny underneath are bright silver, but my bay itself is kinda dusty and grimy. Did you scrub down every single inch, or something else?
                  I literally just sprayed a lot of Simple Green on it, let it sit, rinse and repeat. I could have put more effort into it and scrub with a toothbrush or something...but it's not a show car and a stock M20 isn't all that special...

Comment

I figured I would bump this with a question. How in the hell are we getting both bikes back to school? I know your will go on your roof rack but, we only have one bike mount and even if we had two, my new bike can't be mounted to a rack. It has that weird lower drop out.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      I figured I would bump this with a question. How in the hell are we getting both bikes back to school? I know your will go on your roof rack but, we only have one bike mount and even if we had two, my new bike can't be mounted to a rack. It has that weird lower drop out.
                      The back seat of your 540? Just take the wheels off. Or we can split the cost of a bike attachment like my old Thule one. You can find them on CL for like 40 bucks.

Edit: Actually it should work with another copperhead, we would just have to pull the whole axle out of the fork mount, right?
                      Last edited by lambo; 07-31-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Just picked up another valve cover. I want to get it cleaned and powder coated. However, I'm not sure what color... Any ideas, other than black?

Comment

Unless you do something fun and neon I can't really see any colors other than black really looking nice on Glacier.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                            Unless you do something fun and neon I can't really see any colors other than black really looking nice on Glacier.
                            Yeah... I'm getting some test swatches from Renewed Finishes powder company to see what I want to go with. This M20 will probs be turbo'd in the near future so I could pull off a silly color :D

Decided to fix my flashing SRS light.

Before (it took six tries with this crappy phone to get a picture of it flashing ಠ_ಠ):

Fixed:

Comment

lol
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

FUCK PLASTI DIP.

I decided to repaint my faded black mirrors. I figured it would be as simple as sand them down a little bit, primer them and spray em black. But, no. Turns out they were sprayed with Plasti Dip and it didn't want to just "peel" off. So I had to bring the rain. And by rain, I mean WD40 and Goof Off. Goof Off seemed to work the best for removing this crap.

Faded black mirror

Supplies

Coated the mirror

scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub

All done! So thaaaaattt'ssss why they were black...

Only rust on this car...need to get that taken care of.

Custom mirror deletes bro.

Now I have to hit the mirrors with some Purple Power, pressure wash them, sand them and then paint :D

Comment

Working...
                                X