Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get some iX mudflaps made. Who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is we'll be waiting another year or so...
    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Well, after pulling the original mudflaps off my iX and breaking half the rusty hardware in the process, mailing them to Garagistic with the promise of two sets of reproductions in return, and waiting a few months... Out of the blue, I just received the original mudflaps back with a note. It says they can't do it. They're too busy this holiday season, they're moving shops, it's a bigger project than they anticipated, something like that... Sounds like it's a no go.

Comment

Time to ship them to a manufacturer in china!
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Me waiting for this to happen:
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by bluebmw.com View Post
            Well, after pulling the original mudflaps off my iX and breaking half the rusty hardware in the process, mailing them to Garagistic with the promise of two sets of reproductions in return, and waiting a few months... Out of the blue, I just received the original mudflaps back with a note. It says they can't do it. They're too busy this holiday season, they're moving shops, it's a bigger project than they anticipated, something like that... Sounds like it's a no go.
            maybe check with the dude who put a volvo shell on top of an e30 vert chassis?

paging adam.nonis
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by bluebmw.com View Post
              I had a feeling they were just leading us on...:rippedoff:
              My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Well that sucks..I have one right front so I was able to see how good they would look. Was ready to pay

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Me waiting for this to happen:

This is kind of crazy to me with the level of 3D printing and rapid prototyping methods we should be able to at least come up with a half assed prototype [emoji1745]waffles[emoji3603] when I win the lottery I am hiring a team of engineers to get this done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know what your saying, but you dont need engineers for this, any vacuum forming company should be able to make a mold to use, and heat some ABS up and vacuum form it to a the mold, so light dremel work would have them looking decent as well.

Originally posted by ndfspd67 View Post
                    This is kind of crazy to me with the level of 3D printing and rapid prototyping methods we should be able to at least come up with a half assed prototype [emoji1745]waffles[emoji3603] when I win the lottery I am hiring a team of engineers to get this done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s a reason we have over 300 posts on this thread.. many folks have posted similar comments over the years, and yet here we are. It’s certainly more likely today given available tech, but don’t hold your breath
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

At this point I think it's more likely for BMW to start reproducing them again rather than finding someone to do it. And I don't think BMW would ever do that.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Who has a set and who has access to a 3D scanner?
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

there's a cool Jay Leno's garage episode about Faro 3D parts scanners. Need to find a repro parts company that has one of those.

FARO provides the most precise 3D measurement, imaging and realization technologies for manufacturing, construction and public safety analytics industries.

Faro 3D Laser Scanner. Watch while Jay scans and reproduces his face!...» Subscribe: http://bit.ly/JLGSubscribe» Visit the Official Site: http://bit.ly/JLGOf...

If we ever get this done, here are the BMW E30 IX mud flap installation instructions

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

We have Faro scanners but I really doubt I could use one for something like this, considering how much money we make off them..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Shame you couldn’t just release the scan file to the public domain.. not very expensive to 3D print a mold for it good for 200 parts

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X