Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    Did the tires fix your vibration issue?
    The tires are def. the problem, but i haven't put my winters on yet. Oddly, the vibration or steering wheel shake has slowly gotten better, but it's not gone. This is why I'm thinking it's the tires, because it is speed dependent and sometimes isn't as bad. Like around 73mph it doesn't shake at all, but right over at 74mph we have vibration coming back.

We just got snow, so it's officially time to swap over to snow tires. Probably next week i suppose.

Comment

Went and took some pictures. Here is a cell phone shot, but we did get some proper shots with a proper camera. Coming soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        Went and took some pictures. Here is a cell phone shot, but we did get some proper shots with a proper camera. Coming soon.

Oh yes! That is an awesome pic. Cant wait to see the rest!
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Oh yes! That is an awesome pic. Cant wait to see the rest!
          Thanks man! Excited to share.

Comment

Does anyone know wtf this is? RealOEM says it's an accelerator sensor. I'm unsure...

Comment

Saw this. Thought you'd guys would like to see it. Looks like an Alpina 3.5 CSi. Pretty awesome car. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_02221.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	7198557

Comment

It's a mercury switch, some people call is a fifth ABS sensor.
                Has something to do with driving on ice if I recall correctly. I'm sure there is more info about this on the iX section
                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Wow that is friggin beautiful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
                    It's a mercury switch, some people call is a fifth ABS sensor.
                    Has something to do with driving on ice if I recall correctly. I'm sure there is more info about this on the iX section
                    Interesting. That's good info man! Thank you

Comment

Changed my OBC light today with the Garagistic LED swap. You'd think this would be a 20 min job, but alas it never is. Ended up removing the entire center console to get access to the lower left panel screw. It looks good though!

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        Does anyone know wtf this is? RealOEM says it's an accelerator sensor. I'm unsure...

The IX had a slightly different ABS system including this sensor. If I remember correctly it was a sensor to detect wheel slip and use the ABS to attempt to slow those wheels from slipping. Pretty cool for it's time
                        325IX Build Thread
                        RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by driftxsequence View Post
                          The IX had a slightly different ABS system including this sensor. If I remember correctly it was a sensor to detect wheel slip and use the ABS to attempt to slow those wheels from slipping. Pretty cool for it's time
                          There are so many things on this car that are impressive. The AWD feels better than my Audi.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxsequence View Post
                            It switches the ABS to an 'ice mode' (if the switch remains closed, but the brakes are being applied). It also can open the ICV under engine braking, so if you don't have the clutch in, and let off the gas, the wheels don't lock up. That's why the IX has two clutch switches (one for cruise control, one for ABS).
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              It switches the ABS to an 'ice mode' (if the switch remains closed, but the brakes are being applied). It also can open the ICV under engine braking, so if you don't have the clutch in, and let off the gas, the wheels don't lock up. That's why the IX has two clutch switches (one for cruise control, one for ABS).
                              this is amazing information.

Comment

I'm looking into getting an e91. Anyone have any points of advice on things to look for? It looks like a straight forward engine to me, but if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X