Efr 7163 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efr 7163 turbo

Anyone know of someone with an m20 running this turbo? What would it be like and would it pair well the 2.5 l m20?

I'm currently building a car with one, but still waiting for the manifold to be built. Currently there is not a manifold which will allow the twin scroll, internally gated EFR to fit in the engine bay. If you're going monoscroll or external WG, there may be options, I can share some pictures if you're interested in fitment.

From a matching perspective, I predict it will work well, but I don't have a great initial data set to based it off of. The matching shows internal gating will be somewhat borderline @ 400hp (prone to overboost), but I'm hoping that my engine is actually a bit less efficient than assumed.

The 6758 would also be a pretty good match due to lower inertia and more surge margin allowing more boost at low RPM, but I was worried about not having enough turbine flow since I'm dead set on a twin scroll, internally gated turbo.

Depending on when you're starting your project, I may have some data by end of November.

Comment

I was initially looking at this turbo when I was researching my turbo build. Its a great fit for the M20 size wise, but the cost kept me away at nearly $2k. I ended up going with the BW S256 and love it. Great spool, great response, great power all the way to redline. A friend of mine also has the newer version (S256sxe?) and its insane on his 2JZ.
      2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Working...
      X