Got SI Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got SI Boards?

After all these years, the SI board on my '92 318i vert finally died. I confirmed that the integral batteries are OK...unfortunately, it is the board itself. Although OEM boards are apparently still available for $800+, Programa boards are nowhere to be found. I have seen old posts about people who were repairing these and/or were offering repaired units ready to swap out, but it has been awhile, and I'm just trying to confirm if these are still available. I appreciate any advice on where to find these, and thank you all again for the ongoing assistance. Much appreciated!

Instrument Cluster Testing - Full testing of all BMW E30 and E28. Odometer Repair - Common problem on all vintage BMW! Clear cover polishing Custom needle paint Variety of trim rings available!...

Comment

Here’s a 1992 Motometer board on eBay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273437761624
      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

Thanks for the great recommendations! Interestingly, I found this on Pelican Parts:

Although it is supposed to be the right thing, the part number is a bit longer than that of the SI board in my car. Mine is 62-11-9-070-793, but Pelican's is 62-11-9-070-793-M250. Any idea if this is compatible, and if so, is this a reliable source? I've bought other parts from Pelican before and have been satisfied, but no idea how they fare with delicate electronics that don't seem to be OEM. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by flyer92 View Post
          Thanks for the great recommendations! Interestingly, I found this on Pelican Parts:

Although it is supposed to be the right thing, the part number is a bit longer than that of the SI board in my car. Mine is 62-11-9-070-793, but Pelican's is 62-11-9-070-793-M250. Any idea if this is compatible, and if so, is this a reliable source? I've bought other parts from Pelican before and have been satisfied, but no idea how they fare with delicate electronics that don't seem to be OEM. Thanks again!
          Pelican is fine. I would call to check compatibility but I think it will work.

Comment

I agree, and will call them ASAP. Many thanks!

Comment

Good news, is that the SI board on Pelican's site is compatible. Bad news, is that it's no longer in stock. I'm not surprised, really...so back to the drawing board!

Comment

Greg M if your go-to guy. Or buy a working cluster.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thanks, George! I managed to snag the board that jgilber found on ebay (above), and it's on the way to Programa to be sure it's tip-top before I install it. Will definitely keep Greg in mind for my next dashboard drama! Much appreciated.

jgilber...thanks again for the heads-up on the board from ebay. Probably the only used, non-refurbed one that was guaranteed to work on delivery.

Comment

Your welcome. I didn't even know Programa was around still.....

Not to shit on your choice, for for future reference when people search for this, I would love to know the outcome.

Please report back.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I've used their own aftermarket battery-less board for the eta and it's working beautifully.

Comment

Working...
                      X