No announcement yet.

SOLD: '89 Clean S50-Swapped BAR legal Delphin Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sale pending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately because of a family emergency, buyer had to back out. An update though, last week it passed BAR visual, technical, and the 25 mph sniff test, but failed the 15 mph because of a rich running condition (NO and HC barely above allowable limit). I have since replaced the crank position sensor which was causing a stumble at low RPM. I'm not going to be able to have it retested until the beginning of the year because of holiday travel but am confident I'll have the sticker soon!

Comment

Having her retested 1/15. Stand by for confirmation of BAR Legal status!

Comment

Originally posted by PacificExposure View Post
          Having her retested 1/15. Stand by for confirmation of BAR Legal status!
          Good luck, that should really help the sale!
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Beautiful swap, I know the cost of doing this as I’m currently having a shop complete my s54 swap and $20k is just the tipping point to have a swap done properly. Just a thought, maybe try posting on BaT? There was a clean s52 swap car that sold in the $20k range not to long ago if I’m not mistaken. GLWS!

Below is the car, sold for $23k US

Bid for the chance to own a S50-Powered 1989 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,928.
            Last edited by BryanOrange001; 01-14-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanOrange001 View Post
              Beautiful swap, I know the cost of doing this as I’m currently having a shop complete my s54 swap and $20k is just the tipping point to have a swap done properly. Just a thought, maybe try posting on BaT? There was a clean s52 swap car that sold in the $20k range not to long ago if I’m not mistaken. GLWS!

Below is the car, sold for $23k US

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-22/
              Unfortunately I think that buyer backed out. Seems like it’s somewhat of a risk with BAT but probably the right spot if you want to get high dollar.
              Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Thanks! I’ve definitely considered BAT after it passes BAR, but seems like a big risk, whether or not it sells. I honestly would rather sell to the right enthusiast looking for a specific build and I’m not in a rush. If you’re looking to buy an E30 and you can’t find the for sale thread on R3V, you probably aren’t the right buyer anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump. Open to offers as I've found the replacement car. Scheduled for BAR retest this week. Fingers crossed it passes!

Comment

Deposit received. Pending sale

Comment

Sold

Comment

Congrats! And good work on going through BAR :)
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm the new owner. We're still working on the BAR certification front, but I'm excited to have my first E30. It's joining my 2000 Z3M Coupe, although my wife says I only get to keep one fun car, so the Z3M will be on the market soon.

I'm looking forward to joining this community and learning from all your collective experience!

Comment

Originally posted by mdale7 View Post
                            Hi everyone, I'm the new owner. We're still working on the BAR certification front, but I'm excited to have my first E30. It's joining my 2000 Z3M Coupe, although my wife says I only get to keep one fun car, so the Z3M will be on the market soon.

I'm looking forward to joining this community and learning from all your collective experience!
                            Congrats, I think you will find a lot of similarities between the Z3M and this car and should be an easy transition for you.

Be sure to start a thread in the members rides when you start driving it and making changes.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                            X