WTB: Swapped S52 E30 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Swapped S52 E30 Coupe

Hey guys, so while I am quite new to this forum, I am no stranger to BMWs. I have been an M3 owner since the late 90s, I currently have an E36 and an E46 M3 coupe along with some other non BMW vehicles in my small collection. I am actually one of the early Roadfly members, a forum that has long died out. I am active on Bimmerforums and M3Post.

I am in the market for a properly swapped and documented E30 coupe with an S52 motor. I am also now heavily considering finding the right donor car and handling the swap with my own resources. So if you have a nice clean Alpine White Coupe, please PM me! Mileage or transmission does not matter - just needs to be rust free.

I am also looking for a true unmolested E30 M3 as well to keep as such (i.e. not swapped).

While I do have push notifications up on the normal sites and I am great at finding things, I actually purchased both of my current M3s by posting a wanted ad on the M3 forums. Here are my "must haves"

-Must be a coupe
    -Must be gray, alpine white, silver or black exterior (Prefer Alpine)
    -Must have documentation
    -No rust or salvage titles

I will travel anywhere for the right car, but I prefer something that was driven in a no salt climate during its early years.

Budget:

12k to 25k for the right swapped car
    6k to 13k for the right donor car
    35k to 40k for the right M3
    Last edited by JJCTHE1; 12-14-2018, 03:15 PM.

You might consider reaching out to Levent at Guten Parts - if he doesn't have anything, odds are he knows of a few candidates.

That or EAG (Enthusiast Auto Group) - they probably won't have a swapped car, but they definitely have a few e30 M3s...but expect to pay a premium. They only sell the best of the best.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
      You might consider reaching out to Levent at Guten Parts - if he doesn't have anything, odds are he knows of a few candidates.

That or EAG (Enthusiast Auto Group) - they probably won't have a swapped car, but they definitely have a few e30 M3s...but expect to pay a premium. They only sell the best of the best.
      Joe,

Thank you so much! I have never heard of Levent, I will reach out now.

Very familiar with EAG, while they have some nice cars, I am looking for something I can actually drive. Their E30s are more like museum pieces.

Comment

Have you seen this one on BaT? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-318is-44/

Comment

Originally posted by e30_troy View Post
          Yes I did, it was originally sold here a few months ago for 12k which I probably would have bought.

While I like the car, if I am buying a swapped car at a premium I wanted it to be done by a professional. That one is nice, but the build was done in someones garage, the interior bothers me and I would need to swap that for something more stock or some M Cloth, which is about a 5k job doing it right.

I am sure I will find other things in person that would need to be redone. I love the glass out repaint and like the wheels, but what makes me hesitate is its someone elses garage build, the guy who bought it is already selling it and I think it would need another 6k for it to be right in my eyes.

Specifically the interior and the AC. Who knows what else may come up - maybe nothing at all - but for me, its not a good fit.

Its already at 15k, by some of the comments it may be going higher, I think they are some great photos and I am sure the car is nice, but I also think photography plays a big roll in that car as well.

Comment

Agreed - if I were in your shoes I'd be looking for the same at that price point). Didn't realize it had been listed on here previously.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_troy View Post
              Agreed - if I were in your shoes I'd be looking for the same at that price point). Didn't realize it had been listed on here previously.
              Yea I missed the listing over the summer, but I would have snatched it up at 12k and put the money into making it right, even at that its still a bit of a risk but thats part of the game. At 15k, which will probably go to 18k, plus the 5%, plus shipping - no thanks.

I will find the right one for sure. I really appreciate you taking the time to post the link though, that is the feedback I am looking for!

Comment

I realize that you state a preference for a coupe, however I am aware of a clean swapped sedan that has recently come up for sale:

The seller is active here on R3v - AWDBOB - and I can vouch for his integrity, having dealt with him both as a buyer and seller.

Good luck with your search!

MJ

Comment

Thank you, this one does look great and it comes close, color is on, its a car that appears to be done right and I can easily do what I want to this one to make it my own, however I am looking for a coupe only. The sedan is a deal killer for me. I do appreciate you taking the time to post the link, thank you so much.

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                  I realize that you state a preference for a coupe, however I am aware of a clean swapped sedan that has recently come up for sale:

The seller is active here on R3v - AWDBOB - and I can vouch for his integrity, having dealt with him both as a buyer and seller.

Good luck with your search!

MJ

Comment

So a nice cirrusblau is a no go?

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
                      So a nice cirrusblau is a no go?
                      That could work!! What ya got?

Comment

I could be swayed for the right price.

Check out the pics on ig under vntg_e30

Comment

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...756513227.html
                          sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                          1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                          1991 318is - Sold
                          1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Thank you guys for posting all of the links - I saw the black coupe as well, that is the kind of quality build I am looking for just not my taste in suspension and interior - looking for something with more BMW homage. I dont know anything about bagged suspensions on BMWs, but I am sure that is a nice car. I bet that interior is top notch!

Comment

Working...
                            X