89 325ix transmission oil pump help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325ix transmission oil pump help

Don't even know where to begin. I am in the process of somewhat restoring my wife's bmw and I ran into a problem with the transmission oil pump. I tried all different ways of trying to get a hold of a new oil pump but was not successful. I ended up finding new one on ebay. It came from Egypt. It was not new after all and had couple issues with it. Does anyone have automatic transmission that might be taken apart to see some pictures for comparison? Also does anyone have a working oil pump? There's is 2 different part numbers mine is 24311218512 it's up to 09/1989 mine is 03/1989 there is a different part number after those years. The guy who is working on the car says that there should be another part that comes with the oil pump
    1st picture you can see the 2 teeth that are supposed to be opposite of each other are actually together at the bottom
    3rd picture shows the whole assembly
    4th pictures is just a sample picture. I need the smaller gear that's what snapped on mine

Last edited by Akrunner; 12-12-2018, 07:27 PM.

I did the research for you. The oil pump for an ix transmission is the same used in the regular 2wd 4hp22 cars. The 4hp22/24 was used in e30, e34, e32, and land rovers....sure someone out there just did a 5spd swap and has one for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
      I did the research for you. The oil pump for an ix transmission is the same used in the regular 2wd 4hp22 cars. The 4hp22/24 was used in e30, e34, e32, and land rovers....sure someone out there just did a 5spd swap and has one for sale.

Thanks a lot for the info Need to start looking now.

Comment

Working...
      X