The e30 market has become flaccid.
    Hardly... nearly everyone this week has gotten over $10k
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

1988 M3
      Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,948.

Lots of records, 200k+ miles and Diamond Schwarz... Its clean though, so lets see if it breaks 40k. The last few black M3s didnt seem to get there

Also, will the Harge H35 get any more bids??? hahah
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        What makes you say that? Any examples?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          1988 M3
          Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,948.

Lots of records, 200k+ miles and Diamond Schwarz... Its clean though, so lets see if it breaks 40k. The last few black M3s didnt seem to get there

Also, will the Harge H35 get any more bids??? hahah
          Looks like it's a flip. The original owner must not wrench at all with all those invoices lol. It's very complete and super clean for having done 200K miles. No mention of engine rebuild though so it should be interesting to see how a super clean high mileage driver does.
          As for the Hartge...I think there will be a few more bids...maybe? Maybe that 20k bid really did scare off the competition. I didn't notice that the rear tail panel was damaged as well as the front bumper/spoiler. Makes you wonder what else the car is hiding. We are down to the final hour and that auction is quiet. I expected more Q and A.
          Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-22-2018, 10:53 AM.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
            Far from it. With nice examples with reasonable (not anomalously low) mileage going for over 10k, I'd say the E30 is solidly within the transition phase from old enthusiast's car to collector's car. With prices like they are and trending slowly upward, those seeking a bang-for-the-buck fun car best look elsewhere. Those looking for a track car project should avoid altogether at this point unless they find a really cheap one with a trashed interior and straight shell, an E36 or even E46 is a better starting point. They aren't old enough for rust to be the rule like it is with the E30 and the chassis is more capable from the outset.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

BAT going HAM today with an e30 M3, e46 M3 Competition Package, S52 M Coupe with low mileage, 2002tii (m20 swapped), and an e36 M3 4/5.

I’d wager a bet they go in price in the order I listed above. What does r3v think?
              Last edited by robrez; 08-23-2018, 07:51 AM.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

S50 swapped vert with M3 flares....

Bid for the chance to own a S50-Powered 1990 BMW 325i Cabriolet at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,986.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  S50 swapped vert with M3 flares....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-m3-27/
                  WOW, that's sexy

Comment

Salvage title. Interesting to see where it goes, and how or if that deters anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Salvage title. Interesting to see where it goes, and how or if that deters anyone.
                      That's what I'm interested in. I would assume that a salvage title affects value, but it might be to the age where it doesn't matter. Also interesting is how a salvage title affects a heavily modified car. Should be good.
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Dunno,.

It was salvage in 98 which mean the damage wasn't a fender bender either. I say it will hurt the sale for sure. Seems well sorted and should break $16k without issues. Could breaking $25k because of the S50 if they right two buyers start bidding. Brilliantrot looks stunning.

Always wonder why someone would spend that much money on a salvage car. You would think, he would have started with a clean platform. Between the stigma and trust issues (you never know how that car was put together), its just not worth the hassles.

That being said, someone might walk a walk with a good tribute car for sure. Re-do the interior a bit and that's one stunning car. The last tribute sold for $18k with an M20 and yeah at the time the title was suspect. At the end of that auction, that title was sorted from washed to clean if I remember correctly.
                        Last edited by Javier h; 08-25-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I think it will all come down to who wants a cheap E30 M3 convertible tribute. The S50 swap certainly helps. This car appears to check a few boxes...M3 conversion, S50 swap, new paint, etc. Many E30's that people drool over are or have been salvage cars. Owners use the accident as a catalyst for restoration.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            I think it will all come down to who wants a cheap E30 M3 convertible tribute. The S50 swap certainly helps. This car appears to check a few boxes...M3 conversion, S50 swap, new paint, etc.
                            ...5-lug swap
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

If it was the euro S50, then yah, I could see big numbers. But being the US “S50”, it seems like it may not put up the numbers it could.

Again, it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

An s50 vert with 5-lug would be around $11k. My guess is the m3 bodywork brings it to ~$14.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X