M50 swap no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 swap no start

Hi everyone, I just finished my m50 turbo build and I'm having trouble starting the car. The swap was running in the car with no issues before I shaved the bay and installed the turbo. Im now trying to start the car and it will crank but not start. The CEL is not working when car is in accessory and the main relay for the DME is not opening. I have switched the relays and went through the harness to search for broken wires and such. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the wires near your junction box could be the problem. Make sure the one is grounded (brown and brown/orange wire)
    PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

I checked all the grounds and the junction area where wires come from the trunk. After checking against pictures others have posted I think my wiring situation there is correct.

Comment

Crank and cam sensor correctly plugged in? Those can be mixed and plugged in each others sockets which will cause the engine not to start.

Comment

Sensors where fine I swapped in another dme and it fired right up.

Comment

Working...
          X