Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigs View Post
    The car does look like a project to me, especially with the amount of miles this guy thinks is on it. But hey, if you put a couple thousand into it, it could be pretty decent.

E30 droptop with the m20b25 2.5l inline 6 and a straight frame, lowered on Eibach springs, RARE and legit MTech front valance with Hella foglights, tucked bumpers, custom exhaust, and lots of extra parts available. The sound deadening and carpet has been stripped for weight reduction
    I tore down the engine a couple of years ago, when I bought it, and it ran like a beast for most of that time, getting regular maintenance, but i ended up driving another car most of the time and so the e30 sat. Runs and drives, but needs a battery, or atleast a jump. It starts with a screwdriver, and the back window is missing (a cheap fix) as well as there being a lot of leaves in the car/ engine bay. Just like every other e30, the odometer went out quite some time ago, but id put the mileage somewhere around the 350,000 - 400,000 mark.
    There are other cosmetic issues but nothing major. Would make a perfect project car, whether a swap, or using the m20 in it.
    Asking 1100obo
    What a strange, dichotomous collection of parts. Nice wheels, great front bumper, then the bad bits-- and maybe a starting problem that would only require a $60 battery?

Very confusing and intriguing.

BTW, I'm getting really good at putting the animals right-side up. My best time is 2.1 seconds. Killin' it!

Current Bimmers:
    1991 525i, lagungrun
    1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
    1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
    1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
    1989 325is, bronzit
    1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
    1981 320i, saphirblau
    1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Is a good deal, but I have to laugh about the "rare and legit" m-tech 1 valance. It doesn't bode well that its sitting outside while the snow is falling into an empty rear window.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        Is a good deal, but I have to laugh about the "rare and legit" m-tech 1 valance. It doesn't bode well that its sitting outside while the snow is falling into an empty rear window.
        I had the same thoughts about the snow. If that M20 is good, though, then agreed it's a good deal. Look at these results though: GULF COAST FTW! :-P

I swear this animal verification was a cat taking a poop. Weird.

Current Bimmers:
        1991 525i, lagungrun
        1989 325is, bronzit
        1981 320i, saphirblau
        1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
          Very solid points, and I can see why you'd do what you've done. I just don't know if my wife will allow my BMW fetish to grow any further. I've heard the 325e is basically a gasoline engine that feels like a diesel, and I have really liked diesels over the years. I drove a diesel VW that they had to recall (!) and got the Z4 with the punitive damage money that VW had to give me under the class action EPA settlement. :D

I like the eta motor. all of my cars are 325e and I am not complaining. I like good gas mileage and it will still drift the corners

Comment

1988 325ix

Came across a 1988 325ix 5 speed with 254,000 miles for $6000 obo about 3 hours away from me. From the pictures the body looks beautiful ( Noethern NY ) and the guy said he’s done a good bit of maintainence as well. He said the viscous, both guibos, the fuel tank, rear brakes, rear springs, rear sway bar end links, slave cylinder, blower motor, inner/outer tie rods, stud conversion, timing belt, valve cover gasket, mics hoses and sensors have been relaxes sense he’s had it. He has paperwork for all of it and most from the owner before him. only problem was it starts up but stalls. He did the throttle code test and said 1211 popped up. Just wondering what thoughts are on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrappo View Post
              Came across a 1988 325ix 5 speed with 254,000 miles for $6000 obo about 3 hours away from me. From the pictures the body looks beautiful ( Noethern NY ) and the guy said he’s done a good bit of maintainence as well. He said the viscous, both guibos, the fuel tank, rear brakes, rear springs, rear sway bar end links, slave cylinder, blower motor, inner/outer tie rods, stud conversion, timing belt, valve cover gasket, mics hoses and sensors have been relaxes sense he’s had it. He has paperwork for all of it and most from the owner before him. only problem was it starts up but stalls. He did the throttle code test and said 1211 popped up. Just wondering what thoughts are on this.
              A few thoughts.

1. The ix is cool because of the AWD. If the drivetrain is in good condition, then that's a good start.

2. Mileage takes a toll on all parts of a car, not just the engine.

3. $6k for an E30 that doesn't drive seems like a lot. How long have you been looking? Isn't it worth a $600 plane ticket to go find a better deal across the country, if necessary, or just wait a few months for something else?

4. All that said, if you fall in love with the car, then the heart wants what the heart wants. You do you, and don't look back.

Best,

Gentlejackjones

Current Bimmers:
              1991 525i, lagungrun
              1989 325is, bronzit
              1981 320i, saphirblau
              1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Originally posted by Adrappo View Post

Sent you a PM with my thoughts.
                1989 325ix
                1992 325ic 770A
                2002 M3

Comment

Should’ve stated, first off said he wouldn’t sell until fixed. But got talking to him more about selling as is. I have seen a couple out of state in NJ. But haven’t come across to many for sale.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Adrappo; 02-23-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

* Lowered e30 enthusiast
                    This car is amazing. Unfortunately I'm moving and my new place will only have room for one parking spot. I have put a lot of love into this car and hope you will too. It is on lowering springs, rolled fenders, cambered. 16x9 in the front 17x10 in the back. Clean title. M10 engine 4 cylinder ( room for a turbo ).

Pros : Very clean car
                    Runs great
                    Engine is completely sealed, no leaks
                    New ESM rims and tires
                    Beautiful blue paint
                    Thumbs up every time I drive it

**NO TRADES

Cons:
                    dash cracks
                    front bumper crack
                    headlights need new bulbs
                    small aesthetic work needs to be done( door handle, interior light, drivers seat is cracking)
                    keep in mind this car is 35 years old
                    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Jack, that’s a ridiculous Craigslist search. I’ve never seen that many good cars on 1 page.

Adrappo, I suppose everything north and northeast is more costly. In my opinion a $6k car should be well sorted and you shouldn’t need to do anything repair or maintenance wise for at least a year, or, a good bit of time.

I have purchased two, both just under $5k and they’re nice no crack dash/split seats. If I were you I would Really want that iX, maybe see if he will back down for the cost of fuel pump, regulator, filter, relays and get a smoke test done. Probably close to $500 right there.
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I cannot believe any of those cars are truly 'rust' free. Sure, the bodies can be clean but rust hides on ix's in the worst places. Inspect the rear perch seats, especially driver side. Inspect rear front fenders, lift up the carpets, rear battery tray, wheel wells.

I finished repairing a perch seat on mine (almost burned the car down in a tragic welding accident). Went through it thoroughly, there are several areas where the cancer has gotten to it which will be difficult to repair. Sad.

Comment

]Thanks for all the information. The rust stuff I kinda figured I’d have to be a little digging under carpets and what not. I know the ecm is a pretty hefty bill as well. So I’d probably make an offer of around 4000$, IF it’s not rotted to hell and the motor, transfer case and tranny are all fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E56007E9-F199-4103-8315-A698D0224EB9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	7194195
                          Last edited by Adrappo; 02-23-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

The top one all day, man! That one is really sweet! Ask about the rear main seal and any leaks. Ask to see a pic of the battery tray and surrounding area, ask how much of the car has been bondoed. Keep us in the loop!

GJJ

Current Bimmers:
                            1991 525i, lagungrun
                            1989 325is, bronzit
                            1981 320i, saphirblau
                            1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Man, too bad the lachs car is an auto. I like it a little better. It would scare the heck out of me to buy an old car from that part of the country.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                              X