Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata wheels on an E30

Hey guys

Have the opportunity to buy Rota eight spoke wheels for my e30. Seller says they are off a Miata and believes the offset is +35. The mounted tires are 205/50 R15 in good shape. Will these fit?

Yes and no.

Most Miata and e30 wheel fitment is close on et (Miata generally has more +et) and exact on lug pattern, but the Miata center bore is smaller (54.1mm vs 57.1mm). Rota will probably be a vehicle-specific fit and not have the over sized center bore that you can put a ring in it. Check with the seller in case they are BMW fitment and he has filler rings, but you might end up spending a couple hundo's on opening them up at a machine shop and affect your total cost.
    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 02-16-2018, 05:48 PM.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

To add, if the wheel is 8" and et35, it might be close to hitting the strut tubes.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:

Comment

Thank you. I spoke with the seller. The hubs were 54.

Comment

..actually I thought Miata was lower ET. The Konig Rewinds I ran on the racecar are +20 and designed for Miata fitment per Konig. But they are 15x7..

Otherwise, what FF is correct - check that center bore on the wheel and see if he was using a ring.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            ..actually I thought Miata was lower ET. The Konig Rewinds I ran on the racecar are +20 and designed for Miata fitment per Konig. But they are 15x7..

Otherwise, what FF is correct - check that center bore on the wheel and see if he was using a ring.

Miata is like e36 for fitment on back spacing. More room than an e30 on the inside. My wheels are 15x8 et15 and can fit a lot of meat until strut tube issues. The rear is golden. Front inside rub and low et wheels will ruin your fenders if you hit a bump at 25% wheel turn (stock rack). 15x8 0et looks awesome on an e30, but you have to stretch not to rub. (Honda boys LOVE that look). I prefer the standard spec e30 racing "stance"
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Miata is like e36 for fitment on back spacing. More room than an e30 on the inside. My wheels are 15x8 et15 and can fit a lot of meat until strut tube issues. The rear is golden. Front inside rub and low et wheels will ruin your fenders if you hit a bump at 25% wheel turn (stock rack). 15x8 0et looks awesome on an e30, but you have to stretch not to rub. (Honda boys LOVE that look). I prefer the standard spec e30 racing "stance"
              Forgive my ignorance, but, would you specify your preferred stance?

I’m pretty firm on keeping my ‘89 stock height but I do need some nice 15” wheels. I think my beyern mesh are et25?

My problem is I don’t know what a good range of et is to stay in. I like filling out the wheel well and being wide and with no modifications what’s my max and min?

I’ve tried reading through the wheel tire threads but nobody talks about good stock stances.
              My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
              I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

For me, I like having the size rim the tire manufacture suggests. Pretty sure FF is the same way.

I'm moving to a HP/Weight class which lets you run up to a 245 width before having to tack on more weight multipliers, so I am running 245/50r16 Hankooks and ended up getting a set of 8.5" wide rims to mount them. Course, I'm also going wide body, so clearance is a NFG for me...
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                  Forgive my ignorance, but, would you specify your preferred stance?
                  Look at pics of spec e30 racing class. That's as low as I like to go for a street car, and that's pushing it IMO. I'm getting to old to be driving around town with my head banging off the roof from bouncy suspension, or going around a speed bump etc. When I race, it's different, lol.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

First pic is on Jongbloed SpecE30 15x7 ET15 with 205/50 Azenis. Second pic is on Azev Type A 16x7.5 ET25 with 205/50 NeoGens.

Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Thanks agent. Are they both lowered or stock? Using spacers? I like the first
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Thanks! H&R Race springs; no spacers.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

i had a set of 15x8 +30 and it hit the struts on my 318is. Probably won't fit unless you run spacers.

Comment

Working...
                          X