No announcement yet.

Darren's turbo e34 "pic intensive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im always debating on weather to get a e28 or e34. you just made it more difficult.:???: nicely done.:D

Comment

couple little updates. I hope to be dynoing the car soon, but I want to replace the subframe bushings first and fix the downpipe from vibrating against the valve cover under heavier load.

I have also been fine tuning things with my audio system when I have time. Here is what is been going on. Replaced the Zapco and one of the Arc Audio amps with a TRU super billet 6 Stage III amp for the front stage. The made another beauty board of course. Also picked up some HAT L1 Pro R2 tweters that I will probably use in the sails to help widen my soundstage. They are really big so the sails may need to be slightly modified. And I still need retune the system after.

Originally posted by e30_neverstock View Post
      im always debating on weather to get a e28 or e34. you just made it more difficult.:???: nicely done.:D
      thanks!
      Team Hybrids

Comment

Impressive stuff!
        5erWest <--- click it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake D View Post
          Impressive stuff!
          thanks man! it's getting there.
          Team Hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by e30_neverstock View Post
            you and me both man... I have an e28 and I don't regret it one bit, but at the same time I want an e34 so bad.. just gonna have to wait until I can afford to have both.. these threads don't calm my hard on either.. Although I do like the e28 because it is more "rare" than the e34, in either case though it is rare to see a very clean and well done one.

Then I want e24,e30, 2002........

Comment

update:

first for the for some stereo stuff...

I had permanent tweeter pods made using the OEM ones and built upon them. And I made a change to the trunk with a Hybrid Audio Technologies logo in the lid. It is also back lit with LEDs when the amps turn on. Looks really good :) Also had a dash mat made for acoustic purposes. Helps quite a bit and looks pretty good too. And I tinted the front windshield with suntek carbon 70. Looks very nice, and you can't really tell it's tinted. But it cuts down on the heat big time.

unlit and lit

and a system layout chart :)

now for the other stuff...

Swaped in a e34 M5 cluster :)

anddddd......

finally dynoed the car! Did it at Haddad motorsports in Inglewood, CA. Mainly a american muscle car place, but they have a great reputation and have a nice dynapak setup. Unfortunately the charts aren't as nice as dynojet ones, and they don't have the tq, hp, afr and boost all on one graph :( I do have a ton of raw data to send to Michael at TRM which is nice. He needs to make some slight changes because it is too lean at higher rpms and my idle seems to fluctuate sometimes from 11 to 18afr.

So, pulls were only to 6800, because I didn't want to push it with the 170k stock bottom end. And psi was 13-14psi. Also all the runs were done in 5th gear so I dunno if that affects the boost curve, because when I am driving I hit full boost way faster. So hits full boost on the street much quicker. The last data log shows that.

Charts confirm what I know, the car is a highway monster and not a stoplight to stoplight car. I needs a GT35r!! lol But the numbers were corrected using the conservative option. Because if you wanted you can make stupid numbers with weird corrections. High numbers were.......373.4 rwhp and 319.9 rwtq. all three passes were pretty consistent. But I am super happy with those numbers, and the turbo wanted to keep making more if we had pushed to 7200. I would like to see the torque curve and hp sooner though like brandon's car. So I see a gt35r in my future in the fall.

vids...

data logs passes 1, 2, and 3.

some runs on the street tonight. one at 10psi and one at 13psi

Last edited by darrenforeal; 05-25-2012, 10:51 PM.
              Team Hybrids

Comment

Awesome build, I loveee e34's mhm. Hahah on the video "didn't blow up...Awesome"

Comment

Originally posted by avery0829 View Post
                  Awesome build, I loveee e34's mhm. Hahah on the video "didn't blow up...Awesome"
                  thanks! And yeah I forgot I said that. lol.
                  Team Hybrids

Comment

Working...
                  X