E28 Rally crosser coming this fall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 Rally crosser coming this fall!

Hey guys here's the story of my e28, I bought it in January of 2013 for $750 with 205k on the clock. the front half of the exhuast was rotted, Running on 4 cylinders, front right strut was locked up, Covered in snow when I bought it. The guy claimed he got it for free 7 years ago and could never get it running. He said the syncros were bad and changed out the transmission and provided me with the receipt of the trans. I drove it home 126 miles on 4 cylinders (yes it was awful and very very rough running) but being familiar with m20's I knew it could be brought back to life.

Untitled by foundation982, on Flickr

The day after I bought it, I brought it in the garage and did some troubleshooting to get a parts list of what it needed. Ordered a timing belt, front strut, new guibo, oil filter and air filter, intake elbow, and found out why it was only running on 4 cylinders. cylinder 6's injector was bad and cylinder 6 and 5 had the wires going to the wrong ones (probably the previous owner trying to get it running right)

After getting all the parts I replaced everything I ordered, put in a rebuilt injector and rebuilt all the other injectors with an O-ring and pintle cap kit. Ran perfectly after putting them all back in! Gave it a good wash inside and out, leaves were blowing out of the blower for a good 3-4 months after DD-ing it.

Paint on the trunk and passenger side is sunfaded beyond belief, it was also parked under a pine tree at that guys house for 7 years. sap spots peeled up some of the paint. I ended up painting the trunk lid with chalkboard paint.

Self Explanatory why I painted it in chalkboard paint.

bought some E34 style 5's and ran it bumperless for a while.

Painted my bottlecaps black along with the bumper also took all the rubber

off the bumper because it was cracking and falling off.

Oh yeah Hauled a weight set one time hahahahahahaha

Got some hella foglamps for this winter.
    Last edited by foundation982; 04-11-2014, 09:59 AM.

because Racecar! win!

Comment

Merry christmas went down to a road/creek and had some fun today. The Ice dropoff was a good 5-6 inches and I thought for sure my car would scrape didn't at all! guess the e28 is a monster truck after all.

Comment

Ha ha I dig the turn signal in the grille trick! Does the fuzz harass you for it?
        '82 633CSi (euro) Jaws!
        '84 318i, project?
        '05 745li, DD when it wants to be...
        '87 Corolla FX16, old faithful
        '89 V1500 Suburban, GP rig
        '69 Columbia 36 MkI, retirement home.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz! View Post
          Ha ha I dig the turn signal in the grille trick! Does the fuzz harass you for it?
          so far so good no ones said anything and I've had it for 6+ months!

Comment

Oops put some big rubbers on her ;D
            Stock e28 tires on the left. Stock e34 middle. New General Grabber AT2's on the right.

Comment

cool story bro! for real.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

I like all of this.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Here's some screwing around in all this IL snow!
                  Also I have no idea why the box moves around in the first video.

Comment

2 car garage and a very large drive way, NICE!

Comment

Okay so I got a parts car I'm going to be rebuilding the rear subframe from the parts car and dropping it into my car sometime this fall. Its a long story but my blue E28 has to be my DD until mid july. So I am doing as much as I can outside the car before I can really dig into it.

Its sad this happened because it's a really straight car but the accident obviously destroyed it. oh well bought it on the cheap and is great for a donor car.
                      by foundation982, on Flickr

My pops is a OG good ole boy and obviously a tractor is the answer to EVERYTHING

Comment

I grinded as much rust as I could off the subframe and put 4 coats a Rustoleum rust reformer, then 3 coats of rustoleum hammered paint who knows if this shit will actually work.

Once again tractor is the answer, The engine came out extremely smoothly we just put a huge strap around the rear end of the oil pan and it was perfectly balanced and came out with almost no effort. I'm going to keep this one as a spare in case mine blows up during rally crossing, I mean who am I kidding though we all know these engines almost can't blow up.

Comment

Aww yeah, another E28 rally car! Is that an ETA car or M30? Check out my build thread!

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
                          2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Comment

Working...
                          X