No announcement yet.

Trying to decide between S52 or Turb0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took a solid 3 years for me to get even somewhat bored with my OBD1 S52 swapped car's power. When I say somewhat I mean it's still a blast to drive but I just get bored with things easily. The reliability has been great.
    1987 325is - S52

Comment

I've had a S52 Daily driver for the past couple of years and I gotta say it's super reliable pretty reasonable on gas and still surprises me how fast it is everyday. In my opinion it's also a lot cheaper than building a reliable turbo setup for a car your gonna be driving daily.

Comment

I'll do the pariah thing and mention that on a purely sentimental/emotional level it's sad to see more and more m20's get tossed for newer more powerful mills.

Of course there's annoying quirks and more maintenance with the valve adjustment, camshaft belt etc. with M20's, but there's also some lovely character qualities with them - and even when turbo'd are generally solid and are strong enough to handle it.

You got an e30 for the character, it's a tough decision for me to rip out the half of the original character source of the car for performance.

That being said, I'm sure I'd be grinning like a fool cruising down the road with an S52 under the hood - least helpful post ever I know!

Comment

How about a poll? M50 turbo > s52 > m20 turbo > m50 ?

Comment

Power gets old quick. I'd go for a turbo m52 if I were you.

Comment

Working...
            X