help troubleshooting brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help troubleshooting brakes

Hey so I have a weird "draging" sound I can't really locate,and only when im in reverse my front left tire locks up,also my brake pedal drops all the way to the floor,what should I check for?I bled the brakes an none of these issues were resolved,also put new brake pads on all the way around,but im stumped how should I diagnose these issues,what does this seem like?

sounds like a locked up caliper, do they all push back?

Comment

It sounds like something is wrong with the left front caliper. That should be easy to find. Get the front of the car up on jack stands and watch the caliper when you turn the wheel backwards. In the process you might find the cause of the dragging noise. If not at that wheel, check the others.

Check at all of the calipers and lines leaks. If you can't find any leaks, the master cylinder has failed.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Ok,thanks guys!ill check these things and see if i find the issue.

Comment

Oh,one other thing,I bought a new master cylinder,is there any special brake bleeding process?or just bleed the whole system after ive replaced it?

Comment

Originally posted by rasputin View Post
            sounds like a locked up caliper, do they all push back?
            Im not sure,but sometimes when I hit the brakes I hear the cylanders hit the rotors for a few pumps

Comment

Originally posted by timninja View Post
              Oh,one other thing,I bought a new master cylinder,is there any special brake bleeding process?or just bleed the whole system after ive replaced it?
              Bench bleed the master before installation. And use a rag tied to a wire into the brake booster to see if brake fluid was leaking in. If so, replace the booster as brake fluid will kill the diaphragm quickly.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Ok will do thanks jlevie

Comment

really impressed with this post .... the person who created this post was a big thank you man .. for sharing with us.
                  htc mobile

Comment

What?

Comment

so,my master was fine my wheel bearing seems fine brakes got flushed,same issue,I just recently got an alignment,and that when my issue really started to progress ill check that but i honestly dont know what would do this.

Comment

When your missing a bolt from your caliper this happens,also bottle caps make great chairs...

Comment

Originally posted by timninja View Post
                          When your missing a bolt from your caliper this happens,also bottle caps make great chairs...
                          Where did the bolt go? Did you recently do work on the brakes and forget to tighten them?

Comment

Working...
                          X