Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Nice! Where'd you find it? ;)
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Just go ahead and toot your own horn there

Fun fact, guy I bought it from lived next door to a tiger sanctuary. Could here the bastards growling away. Made for a fun transaction.
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Yep

540/6 on Billy PSS and style 95's

Comment

Wooo! Another with 95s. Thinking of doing something fun with mine as an extra set
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

So just to clear this up a bit:

All 540i models were available with a Sport Package. On earlier cars it included 5 double-spoke wheels (not m-parallels), some interior bits, sport seats, slightly firmer suspension, etc. AFAIK there were no changes to bumpers.

On the later models it included basically the same things but with the smaller, sportier steering wheel that debuted on the M5, along with the standard e39 facelift. Again, I don't believe the bumpers changed at all between sport/non sport. If they did change it was minimal.

In 2003 BMW released the 540i M-Sport. This car is a totally different ball game. Essentially it's an M5 with an m62 and 5AT. It has upgraded suspension, brakes, bushings, sways, interior (with black headliner and ///M door sills), bumpers, 18" M-parallel wheels (staggered) etc etc etc. The 5AT trans got a higher stall torque converter and different valve body, and all cars came with a shorter final drive ratio. It shares 99% of it's parts with the M5, just with a different drivetrain.

Be34st and swanny have genuine '03 540i m-sports.

TSI has a standard 2002 540i with the sport package and OEM wheels. Note that the bumpers are just the same as agent's 530i w/ sport package, and that it still has the nice, smaller steering wheel.

vtec?lol is harder to nail down. It has early 540i sport wheels and steering wheel, but '03 540i m-sport bumpers. And I don't know what year it is. So at some point, some of those things have been changed/added since it left the factory.
                Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 04-22-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Who's got production #s?
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

All of your E39's are much nicer then mine xD

I've got an E39 parts car (that I picked up for $550 CDN), if that counts :D
                    (Let me know if you guys need anything off of the car, I'll sell for cheap to r3v members!)

Plan is to (eventually) pull the M52B28 and ZF320 to put into the E30.

Last edited by Panici; 04-18-2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      So just to clear this up a bit:

All 540i models were available with a Sport Package. On earlier cars it included 5 double-spoke wheels (not m-parallels), some interior bits, sport seats, slightly firmer suspension, etc. AFAIK there were no changes to bumpers.

On the later models it included basically the same things but with the smaller, sportier steering wheel that debuted on the M5, along with the standard e39 facelift. Again, I don't believe the bumpers changed at all between sport/non sport. If they did change it was minimal.

In 2003 BMW released the 540i M-Sport. This car is a totally different ball game. Essentially it's an M5 with an m62 and 5AT. It has upgraded suspension, brakes, bushings, sways, interior (with black headliner and ///M door sills), bumpers, 18" M-parallel wheels (staggered) etc etc etc. It shares 99% of it's parts with the M5, just with a different drivetrain.

Be34st and swanny have genuine '03 540i m-sports.

TSI has a standard 2002 540i with the sport package and OEM wheels. Note that the bumpers are just the same as agent's 530i w/ sport package, and that it still has the nice, smaller steering wheel.

vtec?lol is harder to nail down. It has early 540i sport wheels and steering wheel, but '03 540i m-sport bumpers. And I don't know what year it is. So at some point, some of those things have been changed/added since it left the factory.
                      There's much truth to this. My car is a 2001. The 540i M-Sport and the 540i with M-Sport package are two different things. Very confusing yes but different. My car has matching vins all around including the bumpers. This isn't the only 2001 car I've seen with matching vins. There was a red one local and it was the same year with the same features, early sport wheel, and sport bumpers.

My understanding of the 2003 540iM is that BMW had a shit ton of leftover M5 goodies to throw on cars since the sales tanked. Steering gear, and differentials however are still regular 540i.

Comment

Here's my '01

Sorry for the size
                        -Frank
                        1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                        1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                        2001 525i

Comment

So here's something fun. On my journey back north from visiting agent I met with a delightful unseen road hazard. Heard a rather large thud and pulled over immediately. My brother is staring is disbelief thinking coolant is spilling everywhere. To my relief its only the windshield reservoir. Finally took things apart today to find this:

And then a little further back, this:

I can only assume a ridiculously sharp rock was waiting to prey upon my undercarriage.

I have the best of luck.
                          Swanny!
                          SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                            There's much truth to this. My car is a 2001. The 540i M-Sport and the 540i with M-Sport package are two different things. Very confusing yes but different. My car has matching vins all around including the bumpers. This isn't the only 2001 car I've seen with matching vins. There was a red one local and it was the same year with the same features, early sport wheel, and sport bumpers.

My understanding of the 2003 540iM is that BMW had a shit ton of leftover M5 goodies to throw on cars since the sales tanked. Steering gear, and differentials however are still regular 540i.
                            Actually the diff ratio in the '03 M-Sports was shortened with either the 5AT or the 6MT. The auto box also got a higher stall torque converter and different valve body for slightly faster and firmer shifts. If you drive a non-M-sport 5AT back to back with the m-sport 5AT they feel very different.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                              Actually the diff ratio in the '03 M-Sports was shortened with either the 5AT or the 6MT. The auto box also got a higher stall torque converter and different valve body for slightly faster and firmer shifts. If you drive a non-M-sport 5AT back to back with the m-sport 5AT they feel very different.
                              That's true too. However the diff is still open.
                              But he shortened ratio explains A LOT! I was wondering why the car I test drove felt a lot quicker from a stop than mine.

Comment

ya, open diff FTL :(

Comment

Working...
                                X