No announcement yet.

Power-curve straightened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the solenoid adjustable? I would say you should set it to activate aat around 4-5 psi, I have mine set to 7psi. Also Id look into what size injector you want, and the size of the tank. Im running a smaller tank, 2.5 liter if im not mistaken. Given that supercharger gets boost alot faster Id consider running a bigger tank. There is also methanol in some mixtures of windshield washer fluid.

This is where I have my meth setup

Comment

After reading up on it again, this methanol injection voodoo is amazing. "Chemical intercooler". I'm gonna do a multi-stage hoopajoop.
      The solenoid is not adjustable, but the pressure switch is. I'll have two or three pressure switches set at progressively higher psi firing two or three separate solenoid valves. Badass. I got 1Gph nozzles. I figure if I use three, I'll have 3gph going in, which if you go by one random dude on the internet, is perfect for 300+hp.

I also go a couple boxes from turner with some brakes n things. I went for the Stoptech "Street performance" front and rear. Also got new rotors and stainless steel lines.
      Blam.
      Last edited by Ether-D; 04-28-2015, 04:44 PM.
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So I'm thinking that I'll put one nozzle in the silicone boot between the filter and the throttle body. Then two more directly in the top of the manifold after the supercharger sorta evenly spaced. The two in the manifold would be the secondary sprayers. That way, the supercharger is alway getting cooled by the first stage sprayer in the boot. So it stays cool, and denser air results, and power, and water! I was thinking I'd start the first stage at 3psi, then maybe 5psi for the second stage? I reckon it's as good of a starting point as any.

For reference:

Last edited by Ether-D; 04-28-2015, 07:28 PM.
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

From hot air intake to cold air intake

I cut a hole in my hood. In my defense, it was (is) beat to shit and would never be a nice hood.

I got one of those yard mount valve burying boxes from the hardware store. It was a bit bigger and the exact shape of my filter. I cut it up a bit and gave it a home as an isolation box for the filter.

Then I cut some hood and added some weather-stripping for a tight seal to the hood.

Then I took my old high mount brake light housing and removed the guts and turned it 180 degrees and added some screen and, Voila! Cold air foreal.

~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Variable meth injectors sounds like an interesting idea, although it might get complicated quickly. Plus one injector should be more than enough, no need for two injectors for a sub 230hp.

Comment

I am so torn on this. I love the fact that it is clever and functional.

It is, however, quite awkward looking. I can't put my finger on it, but while everything under the hood looks thoughtfully done, the hood scoop doesn't really match... in a way that it looks like it isn't functional, even though it is.

It looks tacked on, not purposeful.

Don't get me wrong, the car is still awesome.

Edit: I think if it was lower and wider it would look much more proportional.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                Variable meth injectors sounds like an interesting idea, although it might get complicated quickly. Plus one injector should be more than enough, no need for two injectors for a sub 230hp.
                Super easy, just add another pressure switch and solenoid to the existing system. I'm using smaller nozzles - 1 gallon per hour. So i can use more of them at differing intervals.

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
                I am so torn on this. I love the fact that it is clever and functional.

It is, however, quite awkward looking. I can't put my finger on it, but while everything under the hood looks thoughtfully done, the hood scoop doesn't really match... in a way that it looks like it isn't functional, even though it is.

It looks tacked on, not purposeful.

Don't get me wrong, the car is still awesome.

Edit: I think if it was lower and wider it would look much more proportional.
                As for you, we are no longer best fuckin' friends forever… :'(
                Jk lol. I know it doesn't look like it's in an aesthetically pleasing location, but it's completely not for aesthetics. It's for function.
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I like the vert tail light converted hood scoop and the air box isolation is done well. Can't wait to see this since Denny's twin charge build fell off the face of the earth.
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Yeah, I gotta research which turbos do what. I really have zero idea which turbo I need. My buddy Chondamx has one with .53 cold side and .60 hot side for sale.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    I was born on 3/25…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

For the record, we tried to talk him in to a NACA duct on the hood more than once.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Phags! I didn't have a NACA duct laying in a corner of the shop! (…I think)
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oooh, what's that? The pump & pressure switch get here tomorrow. Werd.

~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Methanol injection complete. I only drove it a little after I got it working and my kids were in the car so I didn't really nail it, but I swear I can feel a difference. I've only got 1 gallon per hour going in at 4psi and over. There are a few changes that need to be made. Pics to come. I may even do a how-to on this.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

What the diameter of the hose you are using? Im not going to lie to you, there is a reason that many people run special injectors, the picture you put up looks straight ghetto fab. Atomizing the methanol is a key part of cooling the intake charge and it looks like you have garden hose + sprinklers fittings. Not trying to hate, just trying to see what kind of setup you have.

Comment

4psi psi pump??? try 250-300psi pump

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X