E30 Seat Uphosltery Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Seat Uphosltery Kits

I have finally finished up the development for my seat kits and am ready to start selling them. I put a lot of time and money into this and I can promise you that these are some very high quality pieces.

I can also get mostly all of the e30 cloth fabrics minus the houndstooth and any special alpina clothes. This includes all OEM vinyl and leather colors including cardinal, bet there is a price difference for oem materials..

If you pm me, we can discuss prices for Alcantara/faux suede, leather, and cloth.

This is a DIY kit so it will require disassembly of your seat and installation of the upholstery.

The installation requires:Flathead screwdriver
    -Philips head screwdriver
    -Needle nose pliers
    -snap ring pliers
    -17mm socket
    -side cutters for hog ring removal
    -a stapler to secure the centers to the cushions (I can provide this service for a small fee if you send me your center upper and lower cushions)
    -hog ring pliers and hog rings (I can provide these for $17)
    (I have also heard of using zipties, but have never done so myself.)

I recommend the hog rings because in some places the material must be punctured by the hog rings, which may be hard to do with zip ties

Getting the headrest foam into the cover can be difficult. You run the risk of ripping the cover, so if you do not feel comfortable doing this part I can do it for you.

There are a few write-ups of seat kit installation for e30 sport seats online, but I can, and probably will, provide my own write up for this process.

These seats have black vinyl bolsters w/ black tweed cloth centers, but any material/color/stitching combo that you'd like is available.

I will get some more pictures this weekend with the seats removed, as well as pictures of the rear seat.

Soon to come are custom door cards and headliner kits.

Post up with any questions and comments.
    Last edited by stitched; 10-09-2015, 08:27 AM.
    sigpic
    For all inquiries PM me or email: sales@stitchedwheels.com
    ig:stitchedwheels

Yeah. I like this. You'll sell a ton for verts when you offer them. Every convertible ever needs new seatskins.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
      Yeah. I like this. You'll sell a ton for verts when you offer them. Every convertible ever needs new seatskins.
      I need to make some vert templates. I am going to pick up a vert soon, hopefully. If I can't find one I'd be willing to give someone a nice discount in return for letting me use their existing seat covers to make my templates.
      sigpic

Comment

The sample photos look fantastic.
        My vert will need some attention before too long, although the vinyl in it now has held up remarkably well.
        What about the foam underneath? If the seat covers are relatively intact, does the foam need to be replaced too?

Comment

If th foam isn't visibly damaged or degraded, it should not need replacing. If you had some that are damaged, I have plenty of upper and lower side bolsters.
          sigpic

Comment

that looks really nice.
            sigpic
            323i MTEC1
            Z3 coupe
            E60 M5

Comment

Man, I gotta start saving... Those look so good.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                Man, I gotta start saving... Those look so good.
                Si.
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

How about a quote for front seats only? (Cloth, sedan)

Comment

Long overdue for a "new" service like this. Sad you wont be doing as much steering wheels. Shoot me a PM if you want to do some business to business cross promoting.
                    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                    www.BavRest.com
                    My Feedback Thread
                    Our Facebook!
                    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Looks great, they are very nice and clean looking seats!
                      sigpic

Comment

Those look great! I'd like to see M-Tech colors on the center-back stitching, would look hot. If I didn't just get in on the CAtuned GB I'd be all over this.

Comment

Originally posted by mjimport View Post
                          How about a quote for front seats only? (Cloth, sedan)
                          $350 for fronts. The prices are subject to change, but if there are any changes it won't be major.
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you do comfort seats?
                            NASA
                            BMWCCA member
                            PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                            1997 M3 sedan
                            2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

do you have tan vinyal front seat covers for a coupe?! i need to redo mine in the worst possible way
                              Originally posted by unloadedak
                              It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X