No announcement yet.

Please help me decide on a color...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. It is so close. I wonder what a little yellow would do to get just a "touch" of turquoise. Is this something a paint mixer could do when I find a paint shop? Is this something I could buy from you/your shop?

Mr. Wolfe
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
      Thanks. It is so close. I wonder what a little yellow would do to get just a "touch" of turquoise. Is this something a paint mixer could do when I find a paint shop? Is this something I could buy from you/your shop?

Mr. Wolfe
      Yeah wherever you take it to get painted should be able to mix up whatever you like just be careful going custom mixed. If you can't get a exact formula it will be a royal pain to match later if you need to. I would try to stick to a oem or manufacturer "formula". I could mix you paint if I was painting it but does t make much sense since any body shop should be able to find what you need. Words of wisdom when finding a shop ask to see the paint booth. Find one with a down draft, and look for clean.
      89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
      99 540it
      86 Volvo 240 wagon
      99 Cherokee
      13 Passat

Comment

mineral blue e30 is VERY classy

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Zobelbraun mettallic ;)

jk thats not blue. I like laguna seca blue i think it would look cool on an e30

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post
            Yeah wherever you take it to get painted should be able to mix up whatever you like just be careful going custom mixed. If you can't get a exact formula it will be a royal pain to match later if you need to. I would try to stick to a oem or manufacturer "formula". I could mix you paint if I was painting it but does t make much sense since any body shop should be able to find what you need. Words of wisdom when finding a shop ask to see the paint booth. Find one with a down draft, and look for clean.
            Thanks for the words! my dad has painted cars for over 60 years and I have painted panels, but never an entire car. This will be my first job myself (with my father looking over me). I will be building a temporary paint booth for this project. I know, not ideal, but we have had some beautiful results in the past doing this.

Just out of curiosity, is there any chance I could pay you to send that painted piece to me? I understand if this is not feasible.

Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

Mr. Wolfe
            sigpic

Comment

Here is a link I have saved that may be relevant, some cool colors.
              Classic VW Classified ads, VW photos and technical information for the Classic Vintage Volkswagen - Beetles, Buses, Campers, Karmann Ghias

Good luck!
              Gart is the man!

Comment

Not a problem. Glad to be able to help where I can since I've gained so much from people here. If I get a chance today I'll mix some up and do a spray out for you.
                Bravo!
                N55 e92 xDrive
                Looking for something interesting.

Comment

Yeah I can send it off to you. Pm me with info.
                  99 540it
                  86 Volvo 240 wagon
                  99 Cherokee
                  13 Passat

Comment

Try Monaco blue its a color found on moder e9X, e60 etc. I had Monaco blue on my e92 335i with saddle town interior, fully loaded. I miss that car :(

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                      Here is a link I have saved that may be relevant, some cool colors.
                      Classic VW Classified ads, VW photos and technical information for the Classic Vintage Volkswagen - Beetles, Buses, Campers, Karmann Ghias

Good luck!
                      Gart is the man!
                      Looking now, thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
                      sigpic

Comment

What about Yas Marina? Not exactly retro but might look good on a properly done e30. Maybe more suited to a late model Mtech II though.
                        My Feedback

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                            What about Yas Marina? Not exactly retro but might look good on a properly done e30. Maybe more suited to a late model Mtech II though.
                            It's too "periwinkle" for me.

Mr. Wolfe
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe I smoked crack this morning but it looks like the spray out got a tad more blue as it dried overnight. I think it is going to be pretty close to what you are looking for. I'll drop it in the mail this afternoon.
                              99 540it
                              86 Volvo 240 wagon
                              99 Cherokee
                              13 Passat

Comment

Maybe I smoked crack this morning but it looks like the spray out got a tad more blue as it dried overnight. I think it is going to be pretty close to what you are looking for. I'll drop it in the mail this afternoon.
                                Hey, I won't judge.

Thanks again E!

Mr. Wolfe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X