1985 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 528e

Alright guys, long story short, I got my hands on a 1985 528e recently. It hasnt been on an actual road in about five years, or really run at all in about 3. Cosmetically, the interior and body are in good shape. There's some minor things on the interior like a missing door handle bezel, the liner over the rear driver side is falling, one of the doors creaks like a mofo when opened, etc. It has a crappy paint job on the outside but no dings or dents. I've replaced a few easy minor things on it to get it up and running like fuel filter, exhaust hangers, coolant flush, and belt changes. I want this to be a fun little car, but I have no idea what to do to it, or even where to begin looking for parts. From what I've tried to understand, I've got the M20 motor maybe? and that its an e28. But other than that, unless I can specifically choose 1985 BMW 528e 2.7L L6 on a menu, I'm confusing myself and trying to figure what I've got and where to get anything for it. Also, I'm wanting ideas and tips on what to do to this thing.

Note: I'm no mechanic, but I would consider myself a certified parts changer at the most. If I can see it and take it apart, I can put it back together.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Congrats on your new ride.
    What you have is an eta engine. It's the same from the 3 series in the 325, 325e and 325es. They have nice torque and fantastic fuel economy, but are NOT performance oriented. There is a performance chip you can get for this car that will up the performance nicely. Do some google searches to get yourself up to speed (pun intended).
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      Congrats on your new ride.
      What you have is an eta engine. It's the same from the 3 series in the 325, 325e and 325es. They have nice torque and fantastic fuel economy, but are NOT performance oriented. There is a performance chip you can get for this car that will up the performance nicely. Do some google searches to get yourself up to speed (pun intended).
      I appreciate it man! The only one I'm really seeing right now is the Turner motorsport Conforti chip. Any reviews on it or any suggestions for a different chip?

Comment

Sure, just do a google search and you'll find everything you need.
        These cars are old as dirt, so there's cheap knock-off chips everywhere that'll do basically the same as the fancy high priced ones.
        That's what I found when looking back in the early 2000's.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
        X