No announcement yet.

Brake fluid on floor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to bump such an old thread, but any tips on getting this plastic piece connected back into the clutch master? I got it out easily enough and I put the new connector on then fed it through the back of the booster but I cannot get it to actually connect back to the master cylinder.
    '86 325es M50

Comment

i think mine just went out tonight ..brake fluid on the driver side carpet sucks
      sigpic www.camberwears.com Team16Niss-Meguiars-Underground Grafix -Mediagearbox

Comment

Same thing happen to me Saturday.

Is Item 7 the one you guys are talking about?

Comment

yep, that's it. when my cousin's broke, our friendly local dealer charged us like $11 for it. bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
            yep, that's it. when my cousin's broke, our friendly local dealer charged us like $11 for it. bastards.
            Here's an interesting thought....

That elbow was leaking while I was bleeding the system @ approx. 13 psi. After bleeding or releasing the pressure it stopped. Is this normal?

Vic

Comment

Originally posted by wikolipr View Post
              Here's an interesting thought....

That elbow was leaking while I was bleeding the system @ approx. 13 psi. After bleeding or releasing the pressure it stopped. Is this normal?

Vic
              it was probably just seeping around the rubber seal. There is normally no pressure there.

Comment

bumping this old thread cause it helped me diagnose the problem. I also had fluid on the floorboard but I had a rubber mat so it wasn't that bad. The worse part is that my brakes went COMPLETELY out and the clutch never failed. I almost rear ended somebody and thought that the brake master cylinder went out until I looked under the dash and saw fluid on the clutch master cylinder...so I thought the clutch master cylinder went out....until I got it out and saw that little bastard of the plastic piece broken. It would have been impossible to get the broken piece out of the CMC without removing it. Now I have to wait until Monday to get a new one.

Does anyone know of a place other than BMW dealer that would have that #7 elbow pictured in one of the above posts?

Thanks
                sigpic
                Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                X