No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Brewcity11 may also have some NOS.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      Awesome. Brewcity11 may also have some NOS.
      haha NOS...
      not so sure i want to go there right now. but i like the idea. im still not sure this m10 is %100. im getting some oil leaking around the distributor area on the back of the motor that keeps leaking onto my keeps getting onto my exhaust manifold and stinking up my drivers compartment. need to fix that.
      i need a copy of the bentley for this car...
      had a shit day at work today and got jercked around a good deal by all my fucking hippy manigers at the shop i work at. did not have time to take pictures of the engine bay.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

engine bay. still want to sand down the stripes and bmw emblem on the valve cover + add a box filter.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Nice.

Comment

So I have put together a list of suspension parts I think will make a fun street kit, and I will be saving up for all of it. I think I am going to try and find the springs and sway bars used from some one to save some moneys...

1 Edit Quantity Springs -stage 2 IE Sport $270.00

1 Edit Quantity Steering Coupler - Urethane $20.00

1 Edit Quantity Sway Bar Set - IE 22/22 on backorder $390.00

2 Edit Quantity Bilstein Front Strut Insert - SPORT $264.00

2 Edit Quantity Bilstein Rear Shock Absorber - SPORT $170.00

Total $1,114.00
            From Ireland Engineering

1 Front Control Arm and Strut Arm Bushing Set $58.21

1 Rear Control Arm Bushing Set $37.99

2 Outer Tie Rod Ends $49.16

2 Inner Tie Rod Ends $52.82

Total $198.18
            From Energy Suspension Parts

I know there are a few small parts missing off the list but this is the main stuff.
            If you see anything you think is missing, should be added, or you think their is a part that should be replaced by a superior and/or less pricey yet equally good part, let me know!

as far as motor choices go i am leaning more and more towards an m20. i have been doing a lot of reading on the swap and it seams fun, and moderately easy.
            Last edited by deutschman; 08-21-2009, 04:19 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I think ZM meant new old stock? as in original parts... could be wrong
              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Perfect San Francisco car!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

im having a bit of a problem with exhaust getting into the drivers compartment. im going to have to check for exhaust leaks. right now im driving around in the arctic cold that is the sf summer with my windows down. people think im nuts! lol
                  man i just love ancient cars and all their quirks!
                  i should also be getting a leather bmw 3 spoke sport wheel from der affe in the next week or two.
                  its miss the horn button so if some one has one shoot me a pm.
                  Last edited by deutschman; 08-24-2009, 06:58 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

modded the center console today. it still needs to be rapped but it looks nice! pictures later today.
                    sigpic

Comment

here we go. extended the center part of the console all the way down to the trans tunnel. delete the ash tray and the green dud button, and centered the hazard light button.
                      its going to take me a two or three weeks to get around to it but im going to re-rap it as well.

the tooth pic is from my swiss army knife and it's in the hazard light because the dam thing wont stay off.
                      i was thinking that the extra room under the head unit will give me room for some gauges later on. i also have room on ether side of the hazard button for some switches or something. maybe for some fog lights or a fuel pump...
                      Last edited by deutschman; 09-06-2009, 12:27 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

that consol looks like it is coming along! good work. What are you wrapping it in?

Comment

Originally posted by carbon View Post
                          that consol looks like it is coming along! good work. What are you wrapping it in?
                          im not sure yet... im looking for something nice.
                          im wondering if there is any of that oem german bmw shit floating around that that one guy was selling rolls of...
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the console. Keep up the work! Little things are happening on mine, but nothing really worth or able to take pics of. I am going to cut out my rear parcel shelf this week though so the aluminum cover one isn't just for looks.

Comment

She`s a beauty!
                              Go for M20 - even though she will be heavier on the front axle, the swap is easier and cheaper then charging a dying M10 ;)

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post

it looks really glossy because its wet but it is a semi gloss black.
                                Nice to see you are making good use of our tax dollars. No wonder the USPS is broke.

Comment

Working...
                                X