No announcement yet.

what's the rarest E30 know to exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BMW Z1 is considered an "E30". Only 8,000 were made. And none sent to the US. So the only ones here would have to be imported later. I saw one at Gutenfest last year it was sweet. The doors are really cool and they have a multi link rear suspension like the e36.
    8,000 is not that rare but there were some Hamann, Schnitzer, Kelleners, and Alpina ones. So one of those are probably super rare. In the US any Z1 is rare.
    Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I'd have to say its the 1993 e30 325i vert. .

Comment

Originally posted by BadCab View Post
        I'd have to say its the 1993 e30 325i vert. .
        Why not a 94'?

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
          The BMW Z1 is considered an "E30". Only 8,000 were made. And none sent to the US. So the only ones here would have to be imported later. I saw one at Gutenfest last year it was sweet. The doors are really cool and they have a multi link rear suspension like the e36.
          8,000 is not that rare but there were some Hamann, Schnitzer, Kelleners, and Alpina ones. So one of those are probably super rare. In the US any Z1 is rare.
          What makes the Z1 an e30 other than having the same driveline?

Comment

Originally posted by Lodsin View Post
            Why not a 94'?
            94 was touring only, wasn't it?

Yeah, the Z1 is not an e30.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
              What makes the Z1 an e30 other than having the same driveline?
              The front suspension and a lot of interior bits too.

(Not enough to disagree with you)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

In descending order, E30 M3 Evo III, the Cecotto/other M3 special editions, the E30 M3 Cabrio, the S14-320iS from Italy....those would be the rarest factory cars.

The South African 325iS would also be one, since it had 5 lug and a 2.8 M20.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                  Yeah, the Z1 is not an e30.
                  I could have sworn they were.
                  Originally posted by audiquattrot
                  bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                  1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                  2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                  1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                  2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                    the z1 is not the rarest e30 but its the coolest and the most valuable.

It just had the regular m20 in it though.

oh for the debate?

the z1 is an e30 its just a 325 with a different shell

e30 platform no doubt about it at all actually. its really not even exotic or performance like an m3.

it is in fact called the e30 z1 that is its actual model name....
                    the z3 is called the e36 z3 thats how the z series is written.
                    Its an actual factory production model of 8000. Certain models or colors within it could be one offs and very rare.

You know on one of these forums there is definitely someone who owns one and posts regularly. Hes a canadian and I cant remember anything else but he has several e30s also not just that one. I think it costs like 30k not a lot more than a m3. but more.
                    Last edited by stamar; 03-10-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

The Z1 is technically an E30, but it's hardly the rarest.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Nah, its got to be the bronzit eta. Most definitely!
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Yeah as stamar said the Z1 is definitely an E30.
                          And I didin't say the Z1 was the rarest E30, just that it was rare.
                          But I bet a Hamann, Schnitzer, Kelleners, or Alpina Z1 could be one of the most rare E30.

Comment

well any car that is remade like an alpina gets rarer. Im sure theres alpina models with only 5 made

somewhere in that wikipedia it says theres one with the s14m they made alpina or someone.

the z1 though was a bmw made special edition. not like a hartge. Not to split hairs but the actual model itself was very rare. not as rare as south african blah blah but one of them.

Comment

These guys were doing 24v swaps a long time ago!

Since that site was taken down many years ago I had to use wayback machine to get a cache of this page then take a screenshot.

Comment

the z1 was awesome and invented a few things.

but two things about it sucked. It weighed more than a 325ic, yet had 2 seats. it looks like a lotus.... but its not its a heavy roadster
                                It had a eol engine. the e34 already had the m50.

So damn, put an s14 in there or something. But the second you do that youre throwing like 10-20k out the door because this is a collector car with 8000 numbered copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X