No announcement yet.

Looking for a new Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget about M-sport or Sport 335d...think it carried highest non-M car e90 MSRP. Not a bad daily either with 30+mpg and close to 400hp/600 ft/lb (on stock turbos). Car is pretty reliable once emissions components are dealt with.
    1991 318is
    2004 330ci
    2011 335d

Comment

Originally posted by sector6 View Post
      No, I was also looking into an Impreza, but the new(er) ones seem to be shit from what I read.
      I was actually gonna recommend the Saab 9-2X, which is just a rebadged Gd Impreza. They’re usually cheaper, & not totally beat to shit. You could also get it in Aero trim which essentially made it a WRX with some STI add-ons like the steering rack. Only issue is that they only made them for a couple years. I had just the basic 2.5 Linear model & it drove great for what it was.

Comment

I replaced a transfer case the other day on a F30 with X Drive.. 68k miles. If I had to put a number out I'd guess 1 out of 10 F25's that roll in the door are seeping or leaking from the transfer case.

Moral of the story, our transfer cases are known to have issues.. Stick with rear wheel drive.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Tisoc View Post
          I was actually gonna recommend the Saab 9-2X, which is just a rebadged Gd Impreza. They’re usually cheaper, & not totally beat to shit. You could also get it in Aero trim which essentially made it a WRX with some STI add-ons like the steering rack. Only issue is that they only made them for a couple years. I had just the basic 2.5 Linear model & it drove great for what it was.

Right! The Saabaru! Forgot all about those. :)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
            I replaced a transfer case the other day on a F30 with X Drive.. 68k miles. If I had to put a number out I'd guess 1 out of 10 F25's that roll in the door are seeping or leaking from the transfer case.

Moral of the story, our transfer cases are known to have issues.. Stick with rear wheel drive.
            Things like this are what I don't need to deal with right now. Just need something solid and reliable. A few amenities are always welcome though. :)
            sigpic

Comment

The E90 N52 transferase was pretty good. We never had an issue with ours - it only needed new fluid and adaptations reset at 100k miles.

They are just annoying because the steering is so much worse, it's heavier, slower, gets worse mpg, and the stock suspension is really soft.

You don't really need AWD, but now everyone thinks they do...

The F series can suck it though. :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So, long belated update, but I did finally make a purchase!

I said fuck it with the AWD and went with a 2011 E92 LCI. Came with a N51 SULEV, 6 speed manual (which seems to be somewhat hard to find around here), M- Sport, Cold Weather, Premium, etc. Montego Blue on cream beige leather. Had under 70K and picked it up for about 11K.

Car looks sharp and is just what my commute needed. Very happy with it so far!
                sigpic

Comment

So, long belated update, but I did finally make a purchase!

I said fuck it with the AWD and went with a 2011 E92 LCI. Came with a N51 SULEV, 6 speed manual (which seems to be somewhat hard to find around here), M- Sport, Cold Weather, Premium, etc. Montego Blue on cream beige leather. Had under 70K and picked it up for about 11K.

Car looks sharp and is just what my commute needed. Very happy with it so far!
                  Pic?
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    Pic?
                    Soon, It's covered in snow and salt at the moment. n
                    sigpic

Comment

Soon, It's covered in snow and salt at the moment. n
                      Here are a few filthy picks with it's winter wheels. Came with staggered Style 189's.

sigpic

Comment

e39 530i
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Here are a few filthy picks with it's winter wheels. Came with staggered Style 189's.

Nice exterior color.
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            e39 530i

Little late for that one Bergy
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post

Little late for that one Bergy

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

You won't regret the e92! I've been very happy with mine as a daily. Nice colour! You managed to avoid space grey :) (Mine's space grey like 80% of e92s out there!)
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X