Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best fuel pump setup? I keep burning up walbros...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    When i was looking at pumps yrs ago a genuine bosch was close to 300aud and the equivilent walbro was half that cost. And the walbro was physically half the size. I just couldn't see how the walbro could be as good as the bosch for so cheap. I know people have success with them but how many oems use walbro...
    The bosch 044 for example is ancient desing from the time that groub B was still a thing. Walbros have much never desing so those can be made smaller. Ok the bosch 044 for example has still advantage providing higher flow with high fuel pressures.

But I buy my walbros from local retailers. Those need to provide few year warranty here so they can't sell fakes. From ebay/amazon you never know what you get. And currently walbros are under TiAutomotive name and genuine ones have that printed on the pump. If yours come with old walbro branding, it's probaply fake.

Comment

If its good enough for Walter Rohrl its good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
        And currently walbros are under TiAutomotive name and genuine ones have that printed on the pump. If yours come with old walbro branding, it's probaply fake.
        Are you positive of this? The last couple of mine definitely have the Walbro name and "castle" logo, probably came from Amazon...

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
          This is the one that just gave up the other day: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          The price tag alone gave me the creeps.

99% of Walbros are clones. I switched to Aeromotive 340 for our shop builds and haven't had any issues, they don't break the bank, and you can buy direct from the mfgr. I just installed one in the s54 car that his "but it's a Walbro" pump lasted a week (customer provided, we installed against better judgement).
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Are you positive of this? The last couple of mine definitely have the Walbro name and "castle" logo, probably came from Amazon...
            Award-winning TI Automotive high-performance fuel systems power the world's fastest production cars. 100% of our products are manufactured by TI Automotive. Nearly 100% of our pumps and modules are manufactured in the USA with a small portion manufactured by TI Automotive in Europe.

New Name, Same Obsession

For decades, Walbro automotive fuel pumps have been manufactured by TI Automotive. These same pumps are now branded with the TI Automotive name, carrying a legacy for more than 60 years of manufacturing the most popular drop-in fuel pumps, with the same performance, quality and reliability that you have come to know and expect.
            And that has been the case from 2015: https://www.eeuroparts.com/blog/5064...e-immediately/

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              The price tag alone gave me the creeps.

99% of Walbros are clones. I switched to Aeromotive 340 for our shop builds and haven't had any issues, they don't break the bank, and you can buy direct from the mfgr. I just installed one in the s54 car that his "but it's a Walbro" pump lasted a week (customer provided, we installed against better judgement).
              Well color me dumb. Obviously I just assumed since it was advertised as a genuine walbro it would be the real deal. f

Just installed an Aeromotive 340, we'll see how it does! I may even buy a spare given my history...

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Well color me dumb. Obviously I just assumed since it was advertised as a genuine walbro it would be the real deal. f

Just installed an Aeromotive 340, we'll see how it does! I may even buy a spare given my history...

Hopefully you bought direct/authorized, and didn't get one of their clones too lol....

Discover Aeromotive’s superior fuel systems, where cutting-edge aerospace engineering meets automotive passion. Explore our range of high-performance fuel pumps, filters, and regulators, designed for reliability and efficiency at any speed, any angle, or any condition.

....end of this video shows how to differentiate...

Aeromotive founder and president Steve Matusek talks about the aftermarket industry’s battle against counterfeit parts. In this video, he talks about the evo...
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Bosch 044 /thread.
                  Reliable as the sunrise and sunset, capable of up to 700hp with the correct plumbing and power supply.
                  Its what BMW Motorsport and Porsche Motorsport use(d).
                  Jimmy P.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                  92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                  98 318Ti Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Working...
                  X