No announcement yet.

Race Seat Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been wanting to try the new sabelt seats. http://www.sabeltusa.com/shop/index....dex&cPath=5_21
    I noticed they offer two sizes on most seats.
    I have a Sparco circuit pro. Its over kill for autox but it was the seat that fit me after sitting in several. The nice thing is we have a local dealer and they had a bunch in stock. I can honestly say that after 2 hours in the car i need a save my back break.
    As for mounts i have some nagisa auto mounts that go right to the floor.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

great feedback guys, appreciate it.

Any experience with these cobra seats?

The Cobra Suzuka T Diolen/GRP racing seat was designed to address the competitive advantage and demands of the world's leading drivers.

Seem to get good ratings.

Comment

Friend has the GT's (wides) in an M6. Nice seats and comfortable.

Comment

I just installed a Cobra Suzuka GT using Massive Lee's e30 side mounts and the stock sliders. Much better fit for me than the 2004 Sparco Corsa I was using (6', 185lbs, 33" waist). For sale by the way.

The GT fits in the e30 with this setup but the closer to the steering wheel you move the seat the front sides end up tight against the driver's door pocket and the shifter console. Not an issue if your car is gutted.

The GT also is a deeper seat than the Corsa. I'm finding the back of my tricep hits the edge of the seat side when I'm shifting into 2nd and 4th unless I angle my wrist. I need to play around with the mounting a bit or look into a short throw shifter.
          1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
          1991 318is: raw DD
          2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Boris3 View Post
            I just installed a Cobra Suzuka GT using Massive Lee's e30 side mounts and the stock sliders. Much better fit for me than the 2004 Sparco Corsa I was using (6', 185lbs, 33" waist). For sale by the way.

The GT fits in the e30 with this setup but the closer to the steering wheel you move the seat the front sides end up tight against the driver's door pocket and the shifter console. Not an issue if your car is gutted.

The GT also is a deeper seat than the Corsa. I'm finding the back of my tricep hits the edge of the seat side when I'm shifting into 2nd and 4th unless I angle my wrist. I need to play around with the mounting a bit or look into a short throw shifter.

Interesting. I plan on removing the door cards and stripping the interior so I don't think I'd have to worry about the map pocket. The shifting to 2nd and 4th seems strange that you'd hit your tricep. I have a short shift kit and shorter shift knob.

Are those Massive mounting brackets better then the ones you can buy from cobra?

Comment

Different type of setup. The Massive brackets are not a L shape side mount that you would use for a fixed mount or bolt on top of aftermarket sliders. Instead they are an l shape that bolts up against the sides of the e30 sliders.
              1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
              1991 318is: raw DD
              2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

I bought an EVO II for my driver side and just a normal EVO for my passenger. Both were used, spent about $500 on each seat + the brackets, sliders, and pillows on Sparco.com

I daily drive my car, these seats are great. I bought extra lumbar support and they are great for the track.

Comment

So I'm heading to sube sport this weekend to checkout these cobra seats. Probably get one of them and another later. Which mounts and brackets do you guys recommend? I saw that vac motorsports make e30 billet kits. Any experience? The sell for 250.

Comment

It is very very expensive, but the racetech 4009 WHR is by far the most comfortable seat I have ever sat in. Its like sitting in a king's throne, and wont actually break your neck/ribs when you get into a wreck. If you can find one / set used, go this route. I have driven 9 hours straight in this bad boy with no problems.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Also found a recaro pro racer hans used for cheap. Any thoughts? Was a 1600 seat new. I don't use a Hans. Would it be odd to sit in this seat without a Hans?

Comment

Originally posted by RedDotRacer View Post
                        Also found a recaro pro racer hans used for cheap. Any thoughts? Was a 1600 seat new. I don't use a Hans. Would it be odd to sit in this seat without a Hans?
                        If you are looking to upgrade to a race seat and harnesses you need to budget for a hans too.

Comment

bought the cobra suzuka pro and vac adapter. trying to install now.

Comment

^ i was going to suggest that. I have a Recaro SPG on the VAC plates and side brackets and it is amazing. The Suzuka is a very nice, and deep seat. Good luck with the install - seats can be tricky, especially on a slider.

Comment

6'2" 185lbs you might fit a SPG or profi XL well. I LOVE my pole position. I drive in it every day. Im 6'2" 195lbs. Im a 34 waist if that helps. Recaro is worth the money 100%.

JJ

edit: "reddotracer:bought the cobra suzuka pro and vac adapter. trying to install now."

just saw this
                              Last edited by JJ1; 07-12-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDotRacer View Post
                                bought the cobra suzuka pro and vac adapter. trying to install now.
                                Pics or I will assume you are lying and you are using a lawnchair!!

2.7L M20 11:1 COMP 195 whp Dyno Dynamics 2380lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X