Weird gas pedal problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird gas pedal problem.

I'm ready to test start my car but my gas pedal doesn't work at all.

Here's the tests I did:

-Andrew helped me a lot. He told me to test:

Checked the conductivity on: Pin 7 on the 4th DME connector goes to pin 1 on the gas pedal connector. Pin 8 on the DME goes to pin 4 on the pedal. Pin 9 on the DME goes to pin 5 on the pedal. Pin 12 on the DME goes to pin 2 on the connector. Pin 13 goes to pin 6 on the pedal. Pin 14 goes to pin 3 on the pedal.

Everything was fine.

-I also did this test to know if my pedal was fine:

This video explains how to test a BMW E46 M3 pedal. You may want to do this when trying to chase down tps codes. The one forum post I found about testing t...

Everything was fine too.

-The actuator is doing it's cycle when I turn the ignition ON so there's signal but I tested if there's some sort of voltage fluctuation (like with the pedal) if I play with the pedal and there's nothing.

I'm lost a bit now to be honest. Tomorrow I'll scan the car with my friend's generic scanner but I'm waiting a Creator C310 from Amazon in the next days.

Someone has an idea of what is going on and/or has tests I could try to find the problem ?
    E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Are you using an e46 pedal?
    PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweet3 View Post
      Are you using an e46 pedal?
      Yes

Comment

It works. It was a bad tps. The top one.

Comment

Working...
        X