The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jag09 View Post
    In my local series there's a special class that runs fixies. My current Tri-TT bike is a Felt B14 from 2010 if I recall correctly. It's a carbon frame so that's why I was iffy running it as it's currently my only bike. I will have to check the frame/part specs to see about the cranks, bottom bracket clearance, and top tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, ok, its a local thing. That makes more sense. As for running a Tri bike, as long as it has no forward extensions for bars (you could run flat mtb bars if you really wanted to, not that it would be of any use) you should be good to go. It might not be the ideal frame, but it should be legal to race.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I have

lightning bike phantom 2 (exercise bike-100-150 miles a work week on it)
      giant boulder (my daily commuter to work)
      gt pro series (mid 90s)
      bike e ct model (90s model)
      trek 300 (90s model)
      trek 400 (80s model)
      free agent (80s model)

I just sold a bacchetta strada to a buddy who wanted to get into riding. 9 months of the year, we ride (a friend and I) 25-50 miles a day after work and take a break on the weekends, or ride in stuff like the shiner 100, tour de honey, etc.

Comment

Anyone interested in a Cervelo Soloist frameset? Frame, fork, headset, and seatpost. Everything is in perfect condition. I'd love to get $350 or so for it.

Will
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

^^decent deal for sure

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Last of the Hand made USA from Cannondale. R1000 upgraded in every way.

Last edited by getouth; 02-28-2017, 09:28 AM.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Anyone interested in buying a tri/tt bike?

Comment

Been browsing R3v for years. I sold my e30 a long time a go. I still lurk, mostly this thead. Though I'd post a few of my other obsession; vintage bikes. Check me out on Instagram: Ewart_Built

Comment

Another day in Montana

Click image for larger version

Name:	unicycle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	7189905

Comment

Decided to go do a crit yesterday, I lasted exactly one pedal stroke... I missed my pedal while clipping in, sat down on the nose of the seat and heard a loud "CRACK" I broke the carbon fiber seat post clamp on my easton EC90 post, and broke the carbon rail of my super rare San Marco Concor lite KA saddle.

A replacement saddle is very hard to find, there is one on ebay right now for $250. I'm really bummed about that. 156 grams for a comfy saddle is hard to beat.

The upside is that I was able to use the aluminum head clamp from another Easton EC70 post I wasn't using, and I had a titanium railed version of the same seat to put on the bike. I've never broken a seatpost before, nor have I broken the rail of a seat. I've bent both, but never broken them.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Ouch! I'd say the upside is that the damage wasn't worse. Imagine the failure happening at speed or mid-corner? I'd rather not...

I've never seen or heard of that particular saddle before, but it looks cool for sure. What about a Brooks C13 Cambium?

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                        Ouch! I'd say the upside is that the damage wasn't worse. Imagine the failure happening at speed or mid-corner? I'd rather not...

I've never seen or heard of that particular saddle before, but it looks cool for sure. What about a Brooks C13 Cambium?
                        That saddle is MEGA old school. 12-1993 build date. I bought it new in 2010. There is another new one on ebay right now, for $250. Carbon rails, 160 grams. Rare as all getout. The ti railed concor lights are still around, and pretty common. I pulled one off my Klein road bike and put it on the race bike. I also took the aluminum seat clamp off an Easton EC70 post and stuck it on my EC90 post to replace the carbon one that broke. I don't like the newer versions of this seat, they changed the shape just a little.

I have one other KA on one of my mountain bikes, and one other ti railed Concor. I'll be keeping my eyes open for more.

Yes it was lucky that the seat clamp didn't break at speed or in a corner, but the odds of either are pretty low since I'd be seated squarely on the seat for either, or I'd be out of the saddle at real speed. I was leary of the post with the carbon clamp, it went for years with no issues, then bang, failure. I think I might keep the aluminum clamp on it and find another post to commandeer the clamp from.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I figured it was old school. Have you ever used a Selle Italia Flite Evolution? Carbon body but ti rails, so probably not as light as that Concor. I have one that'll be going on my next retro build.

E46t

Comment

I figured it was old school. Have you ever used a Selle Italia Flite Evolution? Carbon body but ti rails, so probably not as light as that Concor. I have one that'll be going on my next retro build.
                            I remember when the Flight Evo came out, the original one. Yeah it was light, and its not a comfortable saddle. A friend had one, and broke it.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

The R3V Bicycle Thread

My wifey and my track bike. Sorry went looking through my phone and no standard bike photos really they all have humans in them.
                              Last edited by Clintoxx; 02-25-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                I remember when the Flight Evo came out, the original one. Yeah it was light, and its not a comfortable saddle. A friend had one, and broke it.

Will
                                I hope that same fate doesn't befall mine. Here's that retro build I mentioned earlier:

And some close-ups of the saddle:

E46t

Comment

Working...
                                X