Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you turbo guys running an aftermarket windshield wash reservoir and pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you turbo guys running an aftermarket windshield wash reservoir and pump?

Hi guys,

My s52 is now turbo in my E30, and I had to remove the large stock one to fit the turbo.

I would love to find a small one that could go up by my the battery tray.

Anyone options out there?

Jay

you can use the 325ix one
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I have a washer reservoir from a chevy truck in my trunk.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

I know vibrant makes one i was going to put in in the trunk as i have a shaved bay on my car

Comment

I just roll without one. I only drive it in the summer though and the thing drinks gas like koolaid so I get to attend gas stations often for a window wash.
          2016 F-150
          1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Any pictures of the IX bottle?

Comment

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-Ellerman View Post
                I just roll without one. I only drive it in the summer though and the thing drinks gas like koolaid so I get to attend gas stations often for a window wash.

Rofl thats how my m30 car is.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Well it would fail the annual Ministy of Transport test, which means you couldnt use it on the road at all.

Even if you bodged something to pass that, then if caught, you'd face 3 points for it not working (12 and you lose your driving license) and potentially a fine to go with it, both given at the roadside unless you wish to contest it in court.

Worst case you could be found guilty of breaching various construction and use regulations.

And even after all that, it rains here, and snows, and you get shit on your windscreen and being able to see is useful, so even if it was legal to do without, I'd still want to have them.

The IX bottle looks like a reasonable solution, otherwise I'd been looking at E87/E90 wheelarch mounted bottles

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
                      Well it would fail the annual Ministy of Transport test, which means you couldnt use it on the road at all.

Even if you bodged something to pass that, then if caught, you'd face 3 points for it not working (12 and you lose your driving license) and potentially a fine to go with it, both given at the roadside unless you wish to contest it in court.

Worst case you could be found guilty of breaching various construction and use regulations.

And even after all that, it rains here, and snows, and you get shit on your windscreen and being able to see is useful, so even if it was legal to do without, I'd still want to have them.

The IX bottle looks like a reasonable solution, otherwise I'd been looking at E87/E90 wheelarch mounted bottles

Thanks

Reallllllllly? Over a windshield washer reservoir? That seems crazy ultra strict.

Curious while on the subject, do most states require a yearly inspection of the vehicle in order to renew insurance?

We have nothing up in my province (British Columbia), just insure whatever car you own and go. Used to have Aircare which was a joke so they scrapped it.
                      2016 F-150
                      1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

We're not that strict compared to a lot of Europe, there is still a lot of freedom but yes, annual inspection is mandatory.

If you're interested the rules are here https://www.mot-testing.service.gov....4i00000101.htm

Insurance isn't contingent on it, but if you're caught without it you face a fine etc and you need to have it in order to tax the vehicle.

Insurance here is also on the combination of car and driver, which makes life awkward

Comment

I really want to try an E9x washer reservoir. There seem to be two different versions. Not sure which one would have a better chance of fitting.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I bought a small aftermarket unit off of eBay, dropped it in the battery tray, and made my own mount...serves its purpose.

Comment

Working...
                            X