No announcement yet.

Turbo Progression Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice name bud, good luck with your build.

Comment

Originally posted by SirMaxximus View Post
      MegaSquirt = $1384
      Ouch. Some sort of fancy MS3 plug and play?

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

That list for $4000 is pretty good.

the thing with these crazy projects is to not try and do it all in a month, A good turbo install like what is describes takes months of research, 6-12months of collecting parts, 1 month of install and another 6 months of perfecting your install and getting it reliable. potentially a 2 year project, suddently $4k over 2yrs doesnt sound so bad.

I've spent the last 2 weekends wiring up my DIY megasquirt loom. its going to take me another weekend to install it and get it running, then god knows how long to actually get it driving good. not to mention i bought the MS 6 months ago! But hey its all part of the fun.

Attack the project in steps, look for bargains and enjoy the journey.

and for gods sake don't let your wife add up all the costs, this is why its good to spend 4k over 2 yrs and not over 2 months.

And always remember htat cars are best enjoyed being driven. A car that is reliable with 100hp is alot more fun than one with 300hp that is always in the garage broken.
        Last edited by e30davie; 01-22-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Something really helpful nobody talked about here with a tiny tiny tiny budget of only 3k
          i would get a begi fmu
          you will find them on craigslists or ebay for like $200 maybe, Real cheap.
          They actually work well.
          24# injectors maybe $50.
          you'll need a wideband. Maybe find a junky lc1 used. you'll find one.

That's pretty much it for fuel management. Stock pump, stock clutch. it'll work.
          Clutch will start to slip maybe 5-7psi on that turbo so just keep it low.
          A clutch alone is $400.
          i think there's like $100 solid discs from like phantom or kemp or ebay vender. Might work out idk allot about ebay clutches though.

on 91 it'll probably ping about 10psi and that's where the 24# injectors will probably max out on so you'll have a so so reliable 10psi setup if you stick with that.

it'll be fun and quick people will talk shit but it'll work, idle, and be a cheap bucket as far as tuning.

you need to get stuff welded too idk if u factored that in but u probably got a guy.
          for real though 3k you'll need to get allot of stuff for free and have ur guy weld for free too
          Last edited by LowR3V'in; 01-27-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Ouch. Some sort of fancy MS3 plug and play?
            Yup correct.. Here's a link:

Replace your 413 or 506 DME! The MSPNP Pro Standalone BMW E36 ECU allows tuning your BMW E36 or E34 with a laptop to maximum performance!

I got it on black friday sale for $1384 after tax and shipping... still way more than I ever wanted to pay, but I can utilize all my original coils + sensors and save a ton of headaches I figured..

87 325es - M50 Boosted - Link to BUILD THREAD
            07 328xi wagon 6mt - daily

Comment

Working...
            X