Well I did a stupid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noid View Post
    No, I cant stress enough, don't skimp on a bit, if it breaks on you, you'll be in a situation where now you are drilling hardened steel.

Ask them for a norseman bit, they usually have a display case with individual sizes at the front desk. Should be under $10, probably closer to $5-6.
    Our Fastenal stocks Cobalt in LH drill bits. Around $10 ea under 1/4". He can order in Norseman.

Comment

dont skrimp on drills used for this kinda application and try to keep plenty of cutting lube in there with it. IE drill a little remove add lube, drill a little, add lube, if you have an old school oiling can that might let you oil and drill with out having to stop as much.....
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        if you have an old school oiling can that might let you oil and drill with out having to stop as much.....
        I do. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
          I have one of these drills for tight spaces like that.

It works very well.
          Ah ha! My friendly local tool rental shop has these in stock! I didn't realize they're $200 now. I like my Makita saws and sanders. I was looking at 90ยบ adapters for a big drill, but they come with a magnetic hex chuck and you need to adapt to a HSS round bit! Which makes it too long to get in there.

Comment

as I mentioned, I'm happy to send you mine. unfortunately, I am out on the road now for a while with a fun trip planed in between. it will be a couple weeks before I get down to our house on the south side of town to snag it.

don't waste your money on an angle adapter. they are all shit in my experience.

you might take a look at your local harbor freight. I think they may have a cheap knock off version of this tool. I wouldn't buy it there if you planned to use it often, but for occasional once a year use, I think it would last a long time.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

not quite the same, but I think it may fit your needs
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                as I mentioned, I'm happy to send you mine.
                No problem, the Makita is only $25.

Lessee....rent $25, Chicago Electric quality $29..... Maybe both are one-time use!

Haha. Thanks.

Comment

Found my old thread -

Conclusion: The drilling didn't get it out. I pulled the top half of the head and both cams, bought a good used exhaust cam, bought HSS 7mm bolts for the cam tool, only snugged them up (it only has to have the teeth engaged with the camshaft), learned how to reset all the VVT, new timing belt and tensioners, replaced PCV assembly, put it all together, it runs fine, 5 years later.

Comment

Thank you for the update. I'm sure the volvo enthusiasts will find this page and benefit from it greatly!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Too late now, but if it was super deep, I would buy another bolt, cut the shank & head off, have someone drill a 1/8~5/32 hole through the center of the remaining threaded piece on a lathe, then grind a slot for a flathead across the top.

Use that as a thread-in drill guide, and slowly drill a pilot hole into the broken off piece. After piloted, open it up and try left hand drill bits and/or EZ-outs and see if it wants to come free without Neanderthal levels of force. If it doesn't come out, just keep drilling until you can re-tap it because it's better than dealing with a broken-off EZ-out.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                      X