Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    BC gives some alright shooting spots..

Id say thats pretty good lol. Mine are just huge corn fields or on top of some giant hills that feel like mountains down into dales

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

man, I am so jealous. we have flat sand and scrub brush down here in south texas. our hills are overpasses and cliffs are apartment porches on the second floor.

Comment

Cale I figured you were going to jump in here with a couple of those ;) BC has plenty of good spots too I am sure.....
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Sadly I'm in the land of flat now as well. It was easy to find distance when you had elevation, now not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
            man, I am so jealous. we have flat sand and scrub brush down here in south texas. our hills are overpasses and cliffs are apartment porches on the second floor.
            Tell me about it. I consider fire ant mounds to be hills now...... lol. I miss the terain of the Ozarks, which has nothing on the scale found out west. I've been to Yosemite once and was awe struck at the sheer scale of it all. Def not able to be captured by photos. Hope you guys appreciate what you have!!

Comment

I feel like I'd be much more into shooting if the only outdoor ranges weren't 2hrs away and the terrain wasn't boring.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Went to Cabela’s and picked up my red dot, extra magazine and some more shells since they were on sale.

I ended up going with the Vortex Strikefire II it had good reviews and I really liked it. I started looking at the Vortex Venom but it was just too small for me. Would be perfect for my next pistol but not my AR-15.

Will have to see how it sights in. Hopefully hit an indoor range this weekend and next weekend will go to the farm to shoot long range.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Went to Cabela’s and picked up my red dot, extra magazine and some more shells since they were on sale.

I ended up going with the Vortex Strikefire II it had good reviews and I really liked it. I started looking at the Vortex Venom but it was just too small for me. Would be perfect for my next pistol but not my AR-15.

Will have to see how it sights in. Hopefully hit an indoor range this weekend and next weekend will go to the farm to shoot long range.
                  Move it up before you go shooting. That mount is meant so the upper holds on to the optic, but the actual optic is over the rail

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    Tell me about it. I consider fire ant mounds to be hills now...... lol. I miss the terain of the Ozarks, which has nothing on the scale found out west. I've been to Yosemite once and was awe struck at the sheer scale of it all. Def not able to be captured by photos. Hope you guys appreciate what you have!!

oh man, you are not lying. Yosemite is awesome. we used to go camping there when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                      Move it up before you go shooting. That mount is meant so the upper holds on to the optic, but the actual optic is over the rail

Didn’t know that. Will be sure to move it up further.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        Didn’t know that. Will be sure to move it up further.
                        I think it's only necessary to move it up to allow room for a rear sight or magnifier. With unlimited eye relief, it shouldn't matter where it's mounted.
                        Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                          I think it's only necessary to move it up to allow room for a rear sight or magnifier. With unlimited eye relief, it shouldn't matter where it's mounted.
                          You don t want the optic right in your face, it makes the dot bigger, and when shooting with both eyes open(which you should be when you have a red dot) the body of the red dot takes up less area in your vision.

Comment

You don t want the optic right in your face, it makes the dot bigger, and when shooting with both eyes open(which you should be when you have a red dot) the body of the red dot takes up less area in your vision.
                            All due respect, the dot MOA size does not change when you move it across the receiver (go ahead, try it out).

That cantilever mount just gives options for someone who wants to mount it further.

There is no science to location of parallax-free red dot sight mounting, it's about user preference. Factors include: weight distribution/balance, magnifier use, and preference on field of view. Closer to rear often yields wider FOV in optic, but less outside of optic. Generally speaking, rear is fast, forward is accurate (longer sight plane between dot and your eye) and middle is balance of the two (and literally balanced)

ETA: my personal preference on location, i'll be running this for a match this weekend
                            Last edited by eternal24k; 02-22-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Put 100 rounds through my AR this morning at an indoor range. I had a blast. This gun is accurate as hell and tons of fun. I opted to put a bi pod back on while I’m at the range just cause they have a bench and chairs so why the hell not use them. Bore sighted it in last night and was pretty spot on today had minimal adjustments to make.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

looks good!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X