No announcement yet.

Hawaii - Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if any of you have heard of Coffe and Cars or some gay shit like that, I am trying to bring a program called EuroSunday to the island. It's a hell of a lot better and free (I have heard CnC costs money). Will be trying to get it up and going by the first of the year.

Here is the official site.

A community and lifestyle of exotic, rare and vintage car and motorcycle owners.

You can't view without registering. However, I assure you that you will get no junk mail. I know the owners, they don't sell your info, they just send you a news letter once a month. And it's actually a decent read.

Opinions?
    Originally posted by jrhaile
    For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

I have 9 family members in HI but only fly in once a year..

Well here are some pics of the last time I was there.

This e30 is always there at the same spot the guy might sell to one of you guys worth a shot! They are original chrome rims.
      And got to love the surfboard!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
      1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
        ^ Sounds good to me.

BTW, we saw an E30 M3 pulling into the Auto-X at Aloha stadium this morning. It was a clean Delphin GraĆ¼. Has anyone seen this car around?
        Don't know about that car. (Aren't there only like 5 of them on the island?)
        I know the guy who owns a VERY mint Alpine E30 M3 in Mililani. Has Hamann rims. He scored it for only 2.5k. The guy he bought it from didn't know what it was. (sigh) Unfortunately.. It was abused street racing and what not and he destroyed that S14 /facepalm. (He just graduated High school)

Don't know what he's doing with it now.

Anyway, I say we give ourselves some time to spruce our cars up before we have something. (in other words.. my car is in a million pieces right now.) Don't want to have a meet with a bunch of tattered E30's right? ;) We'd look like idiots.

But I'm just being selfish cause my car isn't running right now. How does November sound? It would give me incentive to finish the damn thing. (It's been worked on for around 2 years now. Haven't driven it since)

Also WHERE SHALL WE MEET?
        -Grif
        My car eats bentley manuals.

Comment

Also, if any of you have heard of Coffe and Cars or some gay shit like that, I am trying to bring a program called EuroSunday to the island. It's a hell of a lot better and free (I have heard CnC costs money). Will be trying to get it up and going by the first of the year.

Here is the official site.

A community and lifestyle of exotic, rare and vintage car and motorcycle owners.

You can't view without registering. However, I assure you that you will get no junk mail. I know the owners, they don't sell your info, they just send you a news letter once a month. And it's actually a decent read.

Opinions?
          BTW, registered for that. Shit would be awesome if we got it going around here.

Comment

Kenika, that is unfortunately on another island. By the look of the sign, it's the Big Island.

Grif, my car looks like shit. But it wasn't built to be pretty. It was built to go. As for where to meet, i'm new here. I have no idea.

BTW are there any pull your own part type junkyards on the island?
            Originally posted by jrhaile
            For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

Kenika, that is unfortunately on another island. By the look of the sign, it's the Big Island.

Grif, my car looks like shit. But it wasn't built to be pretty. It was built to go. As for where to meet, i'm new here. I have no idea.

BTW are there any pull your own part type junkyards on the island?
              HAH.
              I wish. :(

But, there is a constant stream of E30's on craigslist being parted out. Almost abnormal. But otherwise, this island has no space for junkyards. Safest bet is craigslist.

Anyway, so you've only been on island for like what, a little more then a week? Where do you live on island?
              For meetups we could suggest the generic, beach of course. (Thats what every car related meetup does here) North Shore (Haleiwa, Pipeline, Sunset, all that shit) or East coast (Sandys, Cockroach, Lighthouse, Makapu'u) I prefer the East Side. The drive never gets old and there's plenty of open parking lots. Then there's always Jack in the Box... and the millions of self serve yogurt bars. (Thats where VTECH fanboys meet up basically. Same thing on the mainland, but here worse so. You see, there's an abundance of Filipinos who don't know anything but how to throw money at things.)

Anyway, don't listen to the guys with island fever. Sure the island is crowded, but is it any more so then anywhere else? :???:
              Honestly, you'll only get bored if you have a closed mind. Be open to other things, besides beach and hikes. There's more to Hawaii then that..
              You'll find the Waikiki strip to be ENDLESSLY amazing. It doesn't look like much if you're just walking through, but every attempt you make to explore, will not leave you disappointed.
              While you're here, the best, absolute best thing you can do is try and learn to embrace the island lifestyle. (If you haven't noticed by now, IT IS INSANELY DIFFERENT) Just relax. Things move slower. The weather is always nice. EVERYBODY is friendly (given respect of course... don't go messing with some tick guys expecting them to treat you with respect. But people like them are usually your best friend or your worst enemy. Social issues run deep in the culture here, but tolerance also runs deep. It's very androgynistic)
              Just enjoy it here. Eat plate lunches. And the second you start being critical of the island, well that just means you failed at life. It's not such a bad thing to have limited resources, and higher prices on food. Consider it to be a "Best beaches in the world" tax.
              People save up their entire lives just to visit here for a day. And hey you live here.

If you have a family and are still looking for a place to live, seriously, look no further then Mililani. You will not be disappointed.

-Grif

Comment

hope, It's what I have

Aloha, looking like the first part of December my girl and I will be headed for Island life. She is a Nurse and has been ground down to my constant pleading to move to Hawaii so that I may surf. I was a firefighter in Colorado but was laid off sooooo. She agreed to a 3.5 month traveling nurse contract so I would shut up. Anyway I usually go to the N. shore for a month every year anyway, three and half months, fuck yea bra. I was thinking of shipping one of my E30s and would love to shoot the shit and wrench with some locals as my cousin is the only person I know on the N. shore. Fuckin love it there, girl 50/50 on island life, we shall see how that goes. Can't wait, it's getting cold and shitty snow here in land locked high alpine hell (Colorado).

Comment

Look forward to... maybe seeing you.

I'll be in Germany all December.
                  Dude bump this when you get here! :p

Comment

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
                    ... welcome to the 50th State. As far as I know, fporro and I are the only Hawaii members. Oddly enough, we both have Euro bumper-converted cars -- mine's a nice white 325is w/an M3 interior; his is an early gray convertible with some uber-cool under-the-hood tweaks.

Anybody else call Hawaii home?
                    Hey there ... :)

Battered beasts or not, we should go get some grindz and mini swap meet ;)

DVMotorsports, check http://www.khnlhomes.com/realestate/

Oh yeah, about that white m3, seen it a few times in HiKai, looks like a daily driven car.

Comment

I used to live there. Moved there to live with my brother, nice place, it gets kind of boring if you like to travel a lot and dont have tons of money.

Also, a little more racist than I like though.

Comment

random question... how much is it to transport a car to hawaii from cali?
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Brian 89 325i View Post
                          Also, a little more racist than I like though.
                          Really?! Explain a bit more. I was there in Feb. & didn't pick up on this. Then again, I'm white(ish)

Comment

Howzit braddas? I'm on the big island in Kona, and I know of a guy here with a white e30 M3 on ACS (type 2's I believe). Too bad there is no superferry or H3 would be catching cracks. My friend flew up to O'ahu this past weekend, he saw the SCCA running at Aloha stadium and said it was pretty nuts.

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
                            Hah, I just picked up another E30 in Kalapana last week! Just finished pulling the head about 20mins ago, too bad my camera is dead, but it's the 4th e30 in my family and it has definately rekindled my interest in my E30 (this one is for my 16yo brother).

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                              Really?! Explain a bit more. I was there in Feb. & didn't pick up on this. Then again, I'm white(ish)
                              You probably just didn't notice it. If anyone called you a "haole" (how-lee) that is most people's complaint about Hawaii. It's a derogatory slang for stupid white people, usually stemming from all the comments/attitudes of rude visitors.
                              It's usually the people that move here, then complain about how everything is wrong, because back where they lived, it was much better. If it was so good, why move out here? Or they just act better than everyone else, Hawaiians are a very prideful people (Think of going to texas and telling them that texas sucks, they'd shoot you.)

While it is common, and I can almost guarantee in an extended stay out here that someone rude will say things just to be mean, it really isn't the norm. Anyone with respect and a friendly attitude will go far. My dad's stepbrother moved out here and got into bar fights 2x a week, and told my dad (who is quiet and meek compared to him) that this is not the place for him. 24 years later my dad hasn't gotten into a fight, made any enemies, or had any reason to move back to the mainland :P

Comment

It seems no different to me than walking down any place I lived before.

In NYC I would sit outside Irish bars and watch drunken fights

Here there's Kuhio, great entertainment.
                                Pumped, yet wet behind the ears military against locals, same thing.

Go with the flow and you'll get further quicker.
                                (not that I subscribe to that doctrine)
                                Last edited by fporro; 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X